Topics

Picked up my first tek scope

pondo

Hello everyone. I just joined this morning. My name is Noel and I am from west Tennessee. I’ve been looking for a Tektronix scope for a little while now. I am a ham radio operator and want to learn to repair some of my older gear.

I picked a 454 scope at the Chattanooga hamfest 2 weeks ago. It did not come with any probes. I picked up a set of p6010 probes and a set of p6011 probes. The tek probes do not have the hooks or clips with them. I also ordered a set of Chinese 100 MHz probes.

Is there anything thing else I need for the scope? I know I need a manual. I’m new to scopes and a complete newb.

73’s kj4unx Noel

Jamie Ostrowski

Hi Noel,

Congrats on your first Tek scope!

There is a wealth of great documentation on the Tek wiki, including your
manual.
http://w140.com/tekwiki/wiki/454

There are manuals for your unit on the right hand side you can download.

73's,

- Jamie