Topics

Photo Storage Space Solution, was IMPORTANT: Photos are eating up our storage

Thank you for your suggestions on what we should do to slow down our use of storage space on Groups.io.

After consulting with Michael Dunn I have changed the maximum size limit allowed for photos from 4096 x 4096 to 2048 x 2048.

Please note that groups.io indicates they will resize photos larger than this new size so that they don’t exceed 2048x2048.

It is still necessary to keep the size of your photos to the minimum necessary to make your point.

I will be monitoring the amount of storage we use to be sure we stay well under the limits Groups.io allows us.

If storage space becomes an issue in the future it may be necessary compress large photos.

Dennis Tillman W7PF

EJP

Pour encourager les autres, I resized 8 photos in my AF501 trigger album to 600x800. Image size went from 1.2M to < 64K. Times eight. Rather worth it I thought.

EJP

Hi Esmond,
Thanks for doing that. Screen shots of the CRT of a scope usually do not need to be high resolution.
Dennis Tillman W7PF