Topics

Peter Keller book payments PayPal won't release

The following people have sent payment for Peter Keller's book but PayPal is
holding the funds and will not release them to me so I can pay Peter Keller
for your book(s).
BL, $35.63, ON HOLD Nov 22
SJ, $68.53, ON HOLD Nov 22
BG, $38.54, ON HOLD Nov 23
CH, $73.93, ON HOLD Nov 23
DG, $68.53, ON HOLD Nov 23
DG, $6.20, ON HOLD Nov 24
LS, $35.63, ON HOLD Nov 26

PayPal describes these transactions as "Pending". It explains that "This
payment is in your on hold balance. Update your shipping info or order
status to get your money sooner."

If each of you will give me permission to tell PayPal one of the following:
1) I shipped, or I am planning to ship, Peter Keller's book to you;
2) Your payment was for a service or virtual product which doesn't need to
ship.

Then I think PayPal will release your payment.

Dennis Tillman W7pF

greenboxmaven

You have my permission to do or say whatever you need to release the PayPal payment. I thoughtI had done so by marking the item as received, but maybe it didn't work. Bruce Gentry, KA2IVY

On 12/2/20, 11:20, Dennis Tillman W7pF wrote:
[...]

Chuck Harris

I have written you personally, but I may as well tell the group
why there is a problem publicly.

Paypal accounts that are using a credit card to make payments
cannot do friends and family, without incurring a cash advance
charge from their CC company, and starting the interest rolling
on the balance on their card.... even if they pay the full bill
every month.

So, to sent cash using paypal, we have to use the purchase goods
and services method. That allows for an ordinary charge on our
credit cards.

To make this work, though, he has to lie to paypal and say that
he has shipped the book. Then we can lie to paypal and say that
we have received the book.

IT MUST BE DONE IN THIS ORDER!

If Dennis doesn't tell paypal he has shipped the book, he will
have to wait 30 days before paypal will release the funds.

If Dennis does tell paypal he has shipped the book, then we
can click on the Received button, and his funds will be released
immediately. (Well, unless he has other problems with paypal,
like a history of not sending stuff, or a lot of returns...)

-Chuck Harris

Dennis Tillman W7pF wrote:

[...]

Larry McDavid

It is easy to use PayPal Friends and Family transfer to send funds if you have already linked a bank checking account to your PayPal account, or if you have a cash balance at PayPal sufficient for the funds transfer. I could be wrong but I don't believe there is any way to do a Friends and Family funds transfer if you try to fund with a credit card.

Remember that PayPal must pay a fee to charge your credit card, just like a restaurant; someone has to pay that fee and free transfer using Friends and Family would mean PayPal will be stuck paying the credit card fee. It is unrealistic to expect PayPal to do that.

Chuck does not explain this below because he refuses to link a bank checking account to his PayPal account. That is surely his option (he insists he has a reason) but it limits what he can do at PayPal.

I paid Dennis using PayPal Friends and Family funds transfer and it was funded by ACH debit of my already-linked bank checking account. I was not asked or required to remove any PayPal protection when I did the transaction.

Some few folks may have some unique problem, possibly related to using a credit union account instead of a bank account, but this problem is being blown way out of proportion.

Larry

On 12/2/2020 10:17 AM, Chuck Harris wrote:
[...]

Best wishes,

Larry McDavid W6FUB

Eric

If there is an underlying issue with Dennis's pay pal reputation as this seems to be an ongoing issue and it is just a few button clicks to make badly written software happy If there is enough transactions to build the reputation this would no longer be in issue in the future. I would be more then happy to buy a string of $0.50 or $1.00 random Tek vaper ware from Dennis and just say I received the parts I am guessing about 50 ish transactions should make the pay pal software happy that Dennis is not a scammer and we would be able to proceed as normal.

Thoughts on this?

Eric

Dennis Tillman W7pF wrote:
[...]

Vince Vielhaber

It's not Dennis' fault. Plenty of people have paid with F&F with no issues. PayPal will stop your ability to pay F&F if 1) you've abused it and/or 2) you've had bounced transactions (bought something and the bank said NSF or had some other reason to decline it.

If you accept F&F and then use PP to send something to that person, PP will change it from F&F to product purchased and take the fee.

Vince - K8ZW.

Dennis Tillman W7pF wrote:
[...]

I am not saying it was Dennis's fault nor that we should change anything that is currently going on I am suggesting generating NEW low dollar transactions to get the reputation us so that this is no longer and issue.

--
K8ZW http://www.metalworkingfun.com http://www.hamradio.fun

Chuck Harris

Each of us has our own situation, and our own level of
comfort with the financial organizations we deal with.

I get that you love paypal, and think they are all unicorns
and rainbows. I don't, and I truly don't think my reasons
matter to anyone but me... certainly not this group.

All Dennis needs to do to break this log jamb is to tell
paypal he shipped the books, so we can tell paypal that
we received the books.

-Chuck Harris

Larry McDavid wrote:

[...]

stevenhorii

I have used PayPal for purchasing something from an eBay seller using his
PayPal account (automatic, but when I see the statement from PayPal, it is
his e-mail that gets used). As for any purchase from eBay, PayPal deducted
the fee from the payment. More than once, I purchased something from the
same person using the same e-mail address, but it was a direct purchase and
not through eBay. It was also not an item listed on eBay; he sent me an
e-mail saying he had it and asked if I wanted it. I did, so I purchased it
and paid using PayPal F&F. They sent the full amount. I actually did this
again a couple of months later and again, it went using F&F with no fee
deducted. So, I purchased from the same person using the same PayPal
account on both my end and his both times. I think they would certainly not
have let it go through as an F&F if it had been for an eBay sale. I also
have reimbursed my brother when he had some expenses from taking care of
our mother - but that really is an F&F transaction and his e-mail address
has his name in it. No problems there, either. But the recent experience
with replacing F&F or adding an extra step to it with "I do not accept/need
insurance for this transaction" and the "do you trust this recipient?" is
new (at least to me).

Steve H.

Dennis Tillman W7pF wrote:
[...]

Tam Hanna

Hello Folks,

OK. I have literally never seen more Angst in one place than this - Dorit-Mendel will have spinal surgery next week, and my Ex-Wife is less afraid of death, surgery and a four week stay in Hospital than what is exhibited here.

Either way, let me make an offer: I commit to buying up to 10 pieces of the book, if Tilman is left holding onto them because of PayPal BS. I will pay via wire transfer from OTP Banka of Hungary (our government bank).

Is this a good deal?

Tam

--
With best regards
Tam HANNA

Enjoy electronics? Join 15k7 other followers by visiting the Crazy Electronics Lab at https://www.instagram.com/tam.hanna/

Jean-Paul

Bonjour à tous

Pity for all the waste of time because of PayPal.

their rules, charges and robots make these types and transactions risky as we see.
Even epay will drop them in a few years. Any overseas use of PayPal incurs an additional 10% fee of very bad exchange rate and added fees.

I Suggest we pay by check via post in the future, at least for USA members.

Bon courage

Jon

Hey Tam,
I missed out on the books because I was ill - I had no idea there was a
production run being done. So if you end up with any extra books, and would
like too send one to Austria (for payment obviously), let me know please!

Best regards,
Damian

On Thu, Dec 3, 2020 at 9:10 AM Tam Hanna <tamhan@tamoggemon.com> wrote:

Hello Folks,

OK. I have literally never seen more Angst in one place than this -
Dorit-Mendel will have spinal surgery next week, and my Ex-Wife is less
afraid of death, surgery and a four week stay in Hospital than what is
exhibited here.

Either way, let me make an offer: I commit to buying up to 10 pieces of
the book, if Tilman is left holding onto them because of PayPal BS. I
will pay via wire transfer from OTP Banka of Hungary (our government bank).

Is this a good deal?

Tam

--
With best regards
Tam HANNA

Enjoy electronics? Join 15k7 other followers by visiting the Crazy
Electronics Lab at https://www.instagram.com/tam.hanna/

Tam Hanna

Hello Damian,

sorry, but I do not sell these at all.

I only wanted to offer my services as a "bank" to ease Tilmans work load.

Tam

--
- - - - -
With best regards

Enjoy electronics? Join 13500 followers by visiting the Crazy Electronics Lab at https://www.instagram.com/tam.hanna/

So let me get this clear, in case someone doesn't come through, you want to
buy off the extra books, and hoard them? This re-print was meant for people
who actually want to read those books. It wasn't meant for the collectors
who ramped up the originals to insane prices.

On Fri, Dec 4, 2020 at 3:55 AM Tam Hanna <tamhan@tamoggemon.com> wrote:

Hello Damian,

sorry, but I do not sell these at all.

I only wanted to offer my services as a "bank" to ease Tilmans work load.

Tam

--
- - - - -
With best regards
Tam HANNA

Enjoy electronics? Join 13500 followers by visiting the Crazy Electronics
Lab at https://www.instagram.com/tam.hanna/

Colin Herbert

I think you've got Tam all wrong. He is suggesting that if Dennis cannot get the money from people that have requested the book, he will pay Dennis for ten books that will ultimately go to the recipients, when they get a method to pay Dennis. It is simply, if I'm understanding this correctly and I think I am, that Tam is prepared to help out with Dennis' money-flow situation, in that he doesn't have the money to give to the author for books that he hasn't had payment from the ultimate recipient. Tam is doing this out of the kindness of his heart and soul, not out of any selfish, money-grabbing intent, as you seem to be suggesting.
Colin.

So let me get this clear, in case someone doesn't come through, you want to
buy off the extra books, and hoard them? This re-print was meant for people
who actually want to read those books. It wasn't meant for the collectors
who ramped up the originals to insane prices.

On Fri, Dec 4, 2020 at 3:55 AM Tam Hanna <tamhan@tamoggemon.com> wrote:

Hello Damian,

sorry, but I do not sell these at all.

I only wanted to offer my services as a "bank" to ease Tilmans work load.

Tam

--
- - - - -
With best regards
Tam HANNA

Enjoy electronics? Join 13500 followers by visiting the Crazy Electronics
Lab at https://www.instagram.com/tam.hanna/

OK, what you're saying wasn't explicit, but if that's the case, then never
mind - sorry for the confusion

On Fri, Dec 4, 2020 at 3:27 PM Colin Herbert via groups.io <colingherbert=
blueyonder.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:

[...]

-

I don't think that anyone "wanted" any such thing. Tam merely offered to
buy some of the extra copies so that Dennis wouldn't be stuck with them.
But on the other hand, it is the author's intent to sell as many copies as
possible so Tam's offer is consistent with that.

On Fri, Dec 4, 2020 at 9:12 AM cheater cheater <cheater00social@gmail.com>
wrote:

So let me get this clear, in case someone doesn't come through, you want to
buy off the extra books, and hoard them? This re-print was meant for people
who actually want to read those books. It wasn't meant for the collectors
who ramped up the originals to insane prices.

On Fri, Dec 4, 2020 at 3:55 AM Tam Hanna <tamhan@tamoggemon.com> wrote:

Hello Damian,

sorry, but I do not sell these at all.

I only wanted to offer my services as a "bank" to ease Tilmans work load.

Tam

--
- - - - -
With best regards
Tam HANNA

Enjoy electronics? Join 13500 followers by visiting the Crazy Electronics
Lab at https://www.instagram.com/tam.hanna/

Tam Hanna

Esteemed quorum,

OK, apparently everyone misunderstands me at the moment. Tried to sort a simple catering (chestnuts for visiting drone airline manager) issue with my wife, ended up in a 2h discussion about cooking, chestnut farming, "tuut" (arab chestnut like fruit) farming, more cooking, inert gases for storing tuut and chestnuts, "tuut" importing and finally her going off like a MiG21 on ROMB mode even though her dread levels are high (please no recommendations re wife management, she is kept in check). All she wanted to know was whether said Drone dude eats Chestnuts.

So, welcome to the club. And yes, it is me - the older I get, the more unclear I become.

To clarify.

_/*Tam acts as INTERMEDIARY and COMMIS. This means: Tilman is waiting for money from Schlomo/Dromo/Omo. Tam pays for the book until Schlomo*/__/*_/*/Dromo/Omo*/_ eventually coughs up.*/_

To the Austrian: I have no connection to the author, and I do not even buy such a book for my own. I could sell you, but could not fulfull such a book to you even if I wanted to. But greet Vienna from me, lived there for many years.

However, I tried to set Peter up with a different publisher. Maybe, I have news to report here soon, but I cannot say anything yet...

All clear now?

Tam

--
With best regards
Tam HANNA

Enjoy electronics? Join 15k7 other followers by visiting the Crazy Electronics Lab at https://www.instagram.com/tam.hanna/

Roy Thistle

On Fri, Dec 4, 2020 at 09:54 AM, Tam Hanna wrote:

everyone misunderstands me at the moment.
Tam, I can safely say, I've never really understood your posts; but, I always read, and enjoy, reading them.
I also did offer to help out, here in the colonies.
Best regards.

It isn't my reputation with PayPal that’s at issue. I have a stellar reputation with them.
Somehow they got the idea our latest PayPal account - the one I provided for the book orders - was a business account. They apply a whole new set of rules on businesses that we do not have to follow on our other PayPal account. We tried everything we could to get them to change this to a personal account but they ignored us.

Our other account was the one that we used in late December 2019 and early January 2020 to collect donations for funding TekScopes annual rent with Groups.io. It made more sense to us to "retire" that account so we didn't inadvertently use any of the funds in it. So we opened this new account.

From their actions I am inferring that PayPal looks over all the transactions in our new account to be sure we are sending out whatever people are ordering from us. Every order has to be matched to a shipment. Apparently a few people told PayPal their payment was for "goods or services" (or whatever they call this now in their country). Additionally the may have indicated that they wanted buyer protection (or whatever PayPal calls it in their country).

This told PayPal to put a hold on the funds until we shipped something to the buyer AND until the buyer indicated that they received the goods or items we shipped. This PayPal nightmare doesn't stop there however. We can't just tell PayPal we shipped it. We have to provide PayPal with our UPS or USPS account information (we don't have an account with either of them because we are not a business) and we also have to provide them with the individual tracking number of the package we sent.

PayPal has become a staggering waste of time. I can't wait until they get some real competition to wake them up and end this crap.