Topics

Peter Keller Book Order INTERIM UPDATE

At this point I have 65 firm orders for Peter's book which is about 55 more
than I expected when I came up with this bright idea. I am delighted for
Peter although I'm going to be very busy mailing these.
The flood of orders has finally dwindled to a trickle although I will allow
several more days before wrapping this up at the end of the week.
At that time I will post a list of the orders I have received so you can
confirm you are on the list and I didn't miss you. I will also provide
instructions for payment via PayPal, Zelle, check, or money order.

If you are in the United States I will be buying corrugated book mailers for
your order. They will be mailed Media Rate ($4.00) so the total shipping
cost will be $7.00 for each book.

If you are not in the United States postal rates overseas are much more
expensive. My friends at the post office assure me the lowest rate is with a
flat rate Priority Mail International Padded Envelope (which can be
tracked). Postage for these envelopes going to Germany, France, The
Netherlands, and most of Europe is $37.45. To Japan it is $35.35. Because
these are large envelopes and they are flat rate I know I can fit at least
two books in each one (and maybe three books will fit). If that is the case
and someone in each country is willing to forward the additional copies you
can split the shipping charges two or three ways by combining shipping.
At the moment I have these foreign orders:
Five orders to Canada (Quebec, Ontario, one unknown address at this time,
two to Alberta);
Three orders to the UK (London, Surrey, and East Sussex);
Three orders to Germany (Windach, Gross-Zimmern, and one unknown address at
this time);
Two orders to The Netherlands (Uithoorn, and Amsterdam);
One order to Japan (Chiba);
One order to Singapore;
One order to Norway (Drammen);
One order to France (Castelnau sur l'Auvignon);

Dennis Tillman W7pF

Lawrance A. Schneider

Dennis,

Please add a couple of dollars to my cost for the book to cover your efforts.

I once did the same sort of thing for a group interested in a commercial 4DTV (4200?) It was a lot of work distributing the receivers to the people wanting it. If each of us were to add a dollar or so to your final 'deal', maybe you will again someday 'think up' something we would all appreciate.

Again, THANK YOU, larry

On Tue, Nov 17, 2020 at 10:04 PM, Dennis Tillman W7pF wrote:

Two orders to The Netherlands (Uithoorn, and Amsterdam);
Dennis,
Uithoorn and Amsterdam may be combined in one shipment to Uithoorn. The places are close together and I (in Uithoorn) will take care of it, once I know the name and address of the person in Amsterdam. BTW, my lab is in Uithoorn but I live in Amsterdam...

Also, I second Larry's suggestion to add a small amount to part-compensate you.

Raymond

Timothy W. Koeth

Hi Dennis,

Thank you so much for doing this. I appreciate the magnitude of the work
that you are doing. No good deed goes unpunished! Again, I am deeply
grateful!

- Tim

Dr. Timothy Koeth
Assistant Professor
Material Science & Engineering
Institute for Research in Electronics and Applied Physics
University of Maryland
301-405-4952 (office)
609-577-8790 (cell)

https://mse.umd.edu/clark/faculty/676/Timothy-W-Koeth

radiation.umd.edu

Amateur radio call sign K0ETH "K-zero-ETH" (formerly N2LPN)

On Wed, Nov 18, 2020 at 02:30 PM, Raymond Domp Frank wrote:

Dennis,
Uithoorn and Amsterdam may be combined in one shipment to Uithoorn. The places
are close together and I (in Uithoorn) will take care of it, once I know the
name and address of the person in Amsterdam. BTW, my lab is in Uithoorn but I
live in Amsterdam...
Hi Dennis,
The person living in Amsterdam has contacted me, I've met him before. We have agreed that you may send both his (Amsterdam) and my (Uithoorn) book to me.
Payment arrangements will be made separately.

Raymond