Topics

"parting" 2215A

vaclav_sal

I have a hopeless , dead, case 2215A .
It turns on , but that is all she wrote.
Nothing else is alive.

It has bean left in wet garage for long time and some components are clearly rusted out.
I just hate to ditch it as is, so I am asking the group which components ( CRT - it did lash once , knobs etc,) are worth saving as future trade items.
Vaclav AA7EJ

Bob Albert

I submit that your unit is not beyond repair.  Most of the problems are in the preregulator, which is easy enough to fix or replace.
Where are you?  If not too far from Los Angeles I'd be willing to help.
Bob

On Sunday, November 10, 2019, 08:34:47 AM PST, vaclav_sal via Groups.Io <vaclav_sal=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

I have a hopeless , dead, case 2215A .
It turns on , but  that is all she wrote.
Nothing else is alive.

It has bean left in wet garage for long time and some components are clearly rusted out.
I just hate to ditch it as is, so I am asking the group which components ( CRT - it did lash once , knobs etc,) are worth saving as future trade items.
Vaclav AA7EJ

robertbarker@...

Hello Vaclav
I recently acquired a 2217 that was dropped.The case is badlydented and the CRT broken. All else seems OK. If yours is
still available, I'd be interested as a parts donor. cash or trade.
Thanks   ...BOB...    KD0IJI     KD0IJI@...