From: TekScopes@groups.io [mailto:TekScopes@groups.io] On Behalf Of Richard Steedman
Sent: Tuesday, May 25, 2021 9:26 AM
To: TekScopes@groups.io
Subject: Re: [TekScopes] Persuading a 7S12 to play nice with a 7934.

I tried replacing the 2N3904 with a 2N2369A and the result was only a marginal improvement. I have updated my notes [here](https://groups.io/g/TekScopes/files/7S12%20in%207934/7S12%20in%207934%20v2.pdf). I think I shall just go with reducing the pullup resistor to 6kΩ.

--
Dennis Tillman W7pF
TekScopes Moderator

Richard Steedman

Thanks for your very kind words Dennis. I decided to write everything up after getting myself thoroughly confused by the discrepancies in the various versions of the 7S12 manual and after Albert pointed out the strange alternative sweep behavior. I have no formal training in graphics design or desktop publishing - I just used gimp to clean up my scope screenshots, MS Word to create the doc and PrimoPDF to print the doc as a PDF file. MS Word has a nice table feature and I used "center-justified" tabs to line up some of the photos and captions. One thing that comes to mind after this experience is that, as moderator, you might like to consider enabling the "edit posts" feature for this group. Due to the Tek documentation discrepancies, my initial posts in the "Persuading..." thread contain errors and it would be nice to be able to go back and correct these so that others reading the thread don't suffer the same confusion I initially had.

Richard