Topics

OT: App that keeps track of "Or Best Offer" auctions on eBay to tell you what a seller will accept.

Kevin Oconnor

I stand corrected! There was a time eBay did not charge FVF on shipping domestic, only international. I do mostly free shipping and missed that change.

Kevin

Dave Emery

On Sun, May 26, 2019 at 06:41:48AM -0700, Kevin Oconnor wrote:
@dave
Terapeak (now an Ebay
subsidiary) DOES provide actual selling price information for BIN and
OBO sales. You CAN find out what something really sold for. And the
discounts are usually significant - but not always.
Now that is an interesting new tidbit. Never heard of them.
I've been a customer for maybe 10 years or more...

They were - for a long time - the only way you could find
out info about sold items older than 90 days... or (as mentioned)
what the real price of an OBO or BIN transaction was.

90 days was a bit short to explore the market price for unusual
items... which might sell two or three times a year.

They now provide either 1 year or 3 years (for a bit more)
history.

Used to be an independant Canadian company - Ebay bought them
about 6 months ago... and now they are an eBay service/subidiary.

They provide a lot of other info of use to sellers pricing
items... and that is clearly what they are aimed at.

--
Dave Emery N1PRE/AE, die@... DIE Consulting, Weston, Mass 02493
'For Rent' sign still vainly flapping outside on the weed encrusted pole - in