Topics

Oscilloscope Sales

Reed Dickinson

Greetings fellow Tekkies:
In a few days I will be 86 years young and I feel the limits of age slowly creeping through my joints.  Years ago I bid on a number of Tektronix Oscilloscopes offered by the now defunct Hughes Corporation here in Southern California.  My bid was high and when I went to pick them up I found that what I got was about four times what I bid on.  In the final result I came home three times with a pickup full of 465, 465B, 468, 475, 475A, 485 and three 7854 scopes.  The total was near 200.  I was the winning bidder and the workers loading the instruments were more than glad to get rid of the scopes.  I now want to get my garage back so I am offering these scopes first to members of this forum.  After a few weeks on the forum I intend to put them on Craigslist and after that on eBay.  I am not yet willing to sell the 485's but the other ones are game to be sold.
I also have a selection of plug-ins for the 7000 series of scopes at $75 each or three for $200 or five for $300.
I am asking $100 for each oscilloscope, as-is, or three for $250.  All sales will be cash only.  I am not prepared to ship them so it will be first-come-first-sold on a pickup only basis.  These scopes have not been canibalized for parts and are just like I got them years ago.
I would be open for reasonable bids on any quantity of these scopes.
For more information please email me at reed714@... or write me at:
Reed Dickinson1705 Stonehenge DriveTustin, CA  92780
714.838.6241 (please call afternoons only)

David Slipper

It's a shame you aren't in the UK - I'd be very tempted.
I can but dream.

Sigh,
Dave

[...]

.

Abc Xyz

Reed,

I am in Southern California also and have been trying to Repair a 465 and
a 465B. It sure would be helpful if you had a Working Unit to use for
Comparison Readings.

JR

On Tue, Jun 2, 2020, 2:29 AM Reed Dickinson <reed714@...> wrote:

[...]

Please contact Reed off list.

--
Dennis Tillman W7pF
TekScopes Moderator

Reed Dickinson

Hi Dave:
Planes have been known to fly dreamers to Southern California.  Maybe BCNU!
Reed

On Tuesday, June 2, 2020, 05:50:53 AM PDT, David Slipper <softfoot@...> wrote:

[...]

Please write your email using the AT format. The program truncated your full address after the @.

Thanks

Menahem Yachad

Reed Dickinson

Hi:
I have no idea how that happened.  Here it is again:
reed714@...
phone, after noon only714 838 6241

On Tuesday, June 2, 2020, 09:48:52 PM PDT, M Yachad <@yachadm> wrote:

Reed

Please write your email using the AT format. The program truncated your full address after the @.

Thanks

Menahem Yachad

Colin Herbert

It was ok on my computer. I wonder why that should happen? Perhaps Dennis has some idea?
Colin.

I have no idea how that happened. Here it is again:
reed714@...
phone, after noon only714 838 6241
On Tuesday, June 2, 2020, 09:48:52 PM PDT, M Yachad <@yachadm> wrote:

Reed

Please write your email using the AT format. The program truncated your full address after the @.

Thanks

Menahem Yachad

David DiGiacomo

On Tue, Jun 2, 2020 at 10:48 PM M Yachad <@yachadm> wrote:

Reed

Please write your email using the AT format. The program truncated your full address after the @.
We've been over this many times. groups.io censors email addresses so
they can't be scraped by spammers. This is the same as what Yahoo
Groups did. The only way around it is to spell out the address so it
doesn't look like an address.

However, you can ALWAYS reply privately from the groups.io web site.
There is no excuse for spamming the list with private messages.

Reed Dickinson

Greetings fellow trekkies:
I have been informed that my email address, that I included in my note of June 1st, had the email address truncated after the at (the shift 2 symbol).  Please note the following correct address:
reed714(now put in the shift 2 at symbol)sbcglobal(now enter a period)net.  If this does not work please give me a call at 714 838 6241, preferably in the afternoon.

On Wednesday, June 3, 2020, 07:25:25 AM PDT, David DiGiacomo <daviddigiacomo@...> wrote:

On Tue, Jun 2, 2020 at 10:48 PM M Yachad <@yachadm> wrote:

Reed

Please write your email using the AT format. The program truncated your full address after the @.
We've been over this many times.  groups.io censors email addresses so
they can't be scraped by spammers.  This is the same as what Yahoo
Groups did.  The only way around it is to spell out the address so it
doesn't look like an address.

However, you can ALWAYS reply privately from the groups.io web site.
There is no excuse for spamming the list with private messages.

I have no idea why this happened.
Can anyone else offer an explanation?
Dennis TillmanW7pF

It was ok on my computer. I wonder why that should happen? Perhaps Dennis has some idea?
Colin.

I have no idea how that happened. Here it is again:
reed714@...
phone, after noon only714 838 6241
On Tuesday, June 2, 2020, 09:48:52 PM PDT, M Yachad <@yachadm> wrote:

Reed

Please write your email using the AT format. The program truncated your full address after the @.

Thanks

Menahem Yachad

--
Dennis Tillman W7pF
TekScopes Moderator

Roy Thistle

On Fri, Jun 5, 2020 at 04:51 PM, Dennis Tillman W7pF wrote:

Can anyone else offer an explanation?
Hi Dennis, Hi All interested in TekScopes and Groups.io

The email truncation, in a post, is probably, but not necessarily, the Groups.io settings for TekScopes.
You could see the following, 2 links (from the Groups.io Managers Forum, and the Groups.io Help )

https://groups.io/g/GroupManagersForum/message/19180?p=,,,20,0,0,0::Created,,email+address+truncated,20,2,0,34606469

https://groups.io/helpcenter/ownersmanual/1/customizing-group-settings/privacy-settings

from the above link entitled, "Email Address Visibility in Archive"

This setting controls whether full email addresses are visible in the message archive on the group’s website. Select the option you want to apply:

Mask email addresses in the web archive
Show email addresses in the web archive

Note: When an archive is publicly viewable, email addresses are always hidden from nonmembers who view the archive.