Oddly Small Curve Tracer Test Fixtures/Adapters

I recently obtained a 7CT1N curve tracer plug-in to use in my (still non-functional) 7623A (or in my also non-functional 7603). I had planned to build a custom test fixture with multiple, paired sockets, and a switch to allow comparison of devices, but then I saw a couple of test fixtures for relatively good prices (each below $50) on eBay, and ordered several of them.

Two of the fixtures (an 013-069 and an 013-070) are obviously intended for use with the 7CT1N as they have only three banana plugs, arranged in a row, and spaced correctly to plug in to the binding posts on the 7CT1N, but three others, which came only as populated circuit boards are, surprisingly, about 30% narrower than the first two, and the banana plugs are too close together to fit either the 7CT1N or any of the 57x curve tracers.

The boards bear silk screening that indicates they were made by Tektronix in Holland in 1989. One of them bears a full Tek part number (369-0769-00, which I have not been able to find on TekWiki, or in a general web search), while the other two have a part number with XXXX in the middle position. The one that bears a full part number is populated with three sockets, one a linear set of three pin sockets, the other two are three pin sockets for two different sized can devices (like TO-18 and TO-39/TO-52).

I have uploaded pictures of the adapters to the photos section in an album titled "Small Curve Tracer Text Fixtures"

Was there another kind of curve tracer made by Tek in the late 80's that used a closer spacing of the binding posts/banana sockets?

-- Jeff Dutky

-

I think I saw those adapters on E-bay but I wasn't convinced that
they were actually made by Tektronix. I had the impression that the
Tektronix name on them only meant that they were for a piece of Tektronix
equipment.

On Thu, Apr 1, 2021 at 8:59 PM Jeff Dutky <jeff.dutky@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

Harvey White

Contact me off list.

I have a PC board that will take 3 banana plugs, fit a TO5 or smaller transistor, and can switch between A and B.

I will give 20 of these away, no more than two per person, for the cost of an SASE, shipping from the US.

You supply the banana plugs, switch, and whatever sockets you want to use that fit.  Parts are available from Mouser, not sure about Digikey.

Harvey

On 4/1/2021 8:59 PM, Jeff Dutky wrote:
[...]

Dave Casey

At least one of those sounds like the one that came on the Tek 571 (made in
Holland).

Dave Casey

On Thu, Apr 1, 2021 at 7:59 PM Jeff Dutky <jeff.dutky@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

I just had a look at the 571 on TekWiki, and the adapter shown plugged into the top left transistor socket in the first, third, and fourth pictures is EXACTLY what I have in hand.

-- Jeff Dutky

Dave Voorhis

On 2 Apr 2021, at 01:59, Jeff Dutky <jeff.dutky@gmail.com> wrote:

Was there another kind of curve tracer made by Tek in the late 80's that used a closer spacing of the binding posts/banana sockets?
They’re for a Tek 571 curve tracer. In fact, they’re precisely the (optional accessory, I think) adapters I don’t have for my 571.

Though my 571 is a repair work in progress that’s on hold whilst I work on other things, and I’m not really in a big hurry to fix it because I have two working 577 curve tracers.

Dave Voorhis wrote:

they’re precisely the (optional accessory, I think) adapters I don’t have for my 571.
I'm still in need of a text fixture for my 7CT1N that can handle the small TO-5 and TO-18 packages (that's the 013-0128-00 adapter).

The circuit boards look identical, though I have not tried checking continuity on them (there's really not much to check, unless a trace has a hairline break that is invisible to the naked eye). All three boards have pads and holes or three sockets, TO-5, TO-18, and a straight 0.1 inch pitch, but only one has all three populated, and it's the one with the full part number. The other two are missing the straight 0.1 inch three-position socket, but the holes and pads are there, so one could easily add the connector if necessary.

I would be willing to trade one or all of them for something either comparable, or just interesting.

-- Jeff Dutky

Harvey White

There's enough demand that I can do more than 20 total....

Harvey