Topics

New member intro, and a request....- list of cover sizes?

Dave Seiter

I recently discovered that a blue tray i've been using for parts is actually a cover.  No numbers have been molded into it.  Does a cross reference exist anywhere that lists cover sizes and applications?
-Dave

On Monday, July 15, 2019, 04:15:44 AM PDT, Brian Cockburn <brian.cockburn.1959@...> wrote:

Hi,

  I too am interested in a cover as my 2245A came without one.  However as I got the 'scope at a bargain price (I think) I'm on the lookout for an inexpensive cover.  Which is to say on that's not 20% of what I paid for the scope.

  My point of posting is really to ask if 3D printing would be a viable and relatively inexpensive way forward?  Or is this too an expensive option.  I have already had a bit of a poke about in the places suggested for 3D print files for feet and knobs and didn't find any covers.

  As a neophyte to 3D printing it would seem that a cover is a classic case for a parametric design with width, height, depth, and corner radius being all the parameters that would be needed for a generic replacement cover.

  Cheers, Brian.