New Chat: 2430A scope problem #chat-notice

TekScopes@groups.io Notification <noreply@...>

A new chat has been created:

New

I have bought a 2430A tek scope. the rising edge of the waveform is very wobbly not just plain jittery, even on save mode. Looking for advice on how to fix it. Also on how to fine tune this scope.
Thanks
kanwal

By: kanwal.jawanda@...

View/Join This Chat

Do not reply to this message to post to the chat. You can participate in chats only through the group's website.

Szabolcs Szigeti

Hi,

First of all, get the service manual and do the performance validation
checks and if necessary do the adjustment (calibration) for the 2430A
calibration is fairly simple, you don't really need much special equipment.
Also, check the power supply values and ripple, as the PSU in these units
are prone to cap leaking, and failure. So you can pretty much expect
recapping, and I say this even though I'm very much against indiscriminate
recapping of stuff as a general cure for everything. But so far I had three
24XX DSOs, out of these all three had to be recapped.

Szabolcs

2021. máj. 2., V, 15:28):

*By:* kanwal.jawanda@gmail.com

View/Join This Chat <https://groups.io/g/TekScopes/chat/8087>