Need part # for 422 vert pos knob (SHOULD have been "Tek 434")

Thomas P. Gootee

I meant to say Tek 434, instead of 422. I need the part number for
the vertical position knob, or the knob itself.

Thanks!

Tom Gootee (email: tomg(AT)fullnet.com)

--- In TekScopes@y..., "Thomas P. Gootee" <tomg@f...> wrote:
If anyone has a service manual for a Tek 422 scope, I would really
appreciate getting the part number for the vertical-position
knobs.
I need only the knob itself, not the button that sits above/in it.

And, if anyone actually HAS one of those knobs for sale, or knows
where I can get one, I would like to buy it.

Thanks!

Tom Gootee, tomg(AT)fullnet.com

http://www.fullnet.com/u/tomg

Stan or Patricia Griffiths <w7ni@...>

Hi Tom,

I sure wish you had said it was a 434 the first time and then I wouldn't have
wasted my time researching the 422 knobs . . . oh well, I am sure you will do
better next time.

Now the bad news. The part number of the knob you are looking for is
366-1283-00 but since Tek has never printed the part numbers on the actual
knobs, I have no idea if I have one or not in my vast collection of Tek
knobs. Normally, I would go to my scope collection, look on the scope's
front panel and find a matching knob in my stock. Unfortunately, my only 434
is a "parts instrument" and the knobs were removed by the previous owner
before I ever got it so I have no sample to compare to my stock. My only
suggestion would be for you to remove the one good knob you have and send it
to me as a sample so I can search and compare to my stock. I MIGHT have one
. . . this knob was not used on a lot of other instruments, however, the
7403N was one it was used on. (Unfortunately, I don't have a 7403N in my
collection, either . . . )

The other possibility is that Deane Kidd may have one <dektyr@teleport.com>
or maybe you can find one at the following web site:

http://www.sphere.bc.ca

Good luck on this search, Tom.