Topics

Need input signal generator?

exojam825@...

Dumb question I presume, but in reading through the service manual on the 465B I believe I will be in need of a signal generator to input various signals in the scope so I can follow the output at various location.

True or false?

Thank you in advance, James

Bob Albert

That is true, although for many tests you can use the internal calibrator.
Bob

On Wednesday, November 20, 2019, 10:50:14 AM PST, <exojam825@...> wrote:

Dumb question I presume, but in reading through the service manual on the 465B I believe I will be in need of a signal generator to input various signals in the scope so I can follow the output at various location.

True or false?

Thank you in advance, James

exojam825@...

Bob,

Thank you very much for the reply and information.

For the internal test will I just need a 50 ohm cable with male connectors on each side?

James

exojam825@...

I meant to add, having male BNC connectors or each side.

If that is the case the local hardware store would probably have one or I know Amazon has them

exojam825@...

Someone please correct me if I am reading the manual wrong.

I am reading (interpreting) that in using either the A + Gate or B + Gate going into either of the External Trigger Input’s with Ext selected, I should be getting a “positive going pulse” controlled by either the A or B sweep control.

Is this correct?

If so, am I just looking for a small pulse or a type of wave? Also, I do not assume I need to be using any probe for the display I am looking for, please correct if wrong.

Thanks, James