Need a switch

battyhugh

Hi
My faithful Rohde and Schwartz 520 Mhz signal gen just popped its power supply. OK can fix the cap (which shorted) and
the blown diodes. However, the power switch died (mechanically) at the same time. (Age shall not weary them...).
Unfortunately this style of switch seems to have gone out of fashion. 2 pole c/o, push-on, push off, activated by a long
push rod from the front panel. I only need the switch.

Any idea where I might be able to source one?

(Oh, and how does one post a picture on this?)

aldue

I have some NOS Alco push on/off minerature switches. Send dimensions and
photos. Also estimate the length of push needed to make the switch work. My
switches require noticeable force and stroke.

On Fri, May 28, 2021 at 4:02 AM battyhugh <Hugh@austrop.org.au> wrote:

Hi
My faithful Rohde and Schwartz 520 Mhz signal gen just popped its power
supply. OK can fix the cap (which shorted) and
the blown diodes. However, the power switch died (mechanically) at the
same time. (Age shall not weary them...).
Unfortunately this style of switch seems to have gone out of fashion. 2
pole c/o, push-on, push off, activated by a long
push rod from the front panel. I only need the switch.

Any idea where I might be able to source one?

(Oh, and how does one post a picture on this?)

battyhugh

Thanks

I think that https://www.sphere.bc.ca/test/stuffday.html#1dollar

has what I want - ITT Schadow dual PB Switch.

but it's like being let loose in a Candy store and I don't live in the USA!!

Grumble

Hugh

Steve Dench

I couldn't agree more about Sphere and their Stuff Day, I have had 4 orders
in the last 2 months, postage from Canada to Australia is expensive but its
been worthwhile.

On Sun, 30 May 2021, 12:42 pm battyhugh, <Hugh@austrop.org.au> wrote:

Thanks

I think that https://www.sphere.bc.ca/test/stuffday.html#1dollar

has what I want - ITT Schadow dual PB Switch.

but it's like being let loose in a Candy store and I don't live in the
USA!!

Grumble

Hugh

aldue