Topics

Need a 366-1258-00 knob for a 7T11...

Chuck Harris

Hi, I have a 7T11 that had its red variable timing knob
in the outward position when a heavy instrument was set
down next to it, shearing off the knob on its panel. The
red knob is scuffed, but otherwise fine, its shaft has been
fixed, but the grey timing knob was destroyed most
thoroughly... I haven't even got a single piece.

Does anybody have a knob for this plugin? As far as I can
tell, its timing knob was not used on anything else from tek.

Its part number is: 366-1258-00

Thanks!

-Chuck Harris

Hi Chuck,
That is going to be a long shot.
Try Sphere Research and vintageTEK.
https://www.sphere.bc.ca/test/index.html
https://vintagetek.org/

Dennis Tillman W7PF

--
Dennis Tillman W7PF
TekScopes Moderator

You are in luck :) I have a 7T11 spares mule with the main timing knob intact - it is yours for the cost of postage.

Would you like me to check out the cost of postage from UK to US?

David

Hi, I have a 7T11 that had its red variable timing knob
in the outward position when a heavy instrument was set
down next to it, shearing off the knob on its panel. The
red knob is scuffed, but otherwise fine, its shaft has been
fixed, but the grey timing knob was destroyed most
thoroughly... I haven't even got a single piece.

Does anybody have a knob for this plugin? As far as I can
tell, its timing knob was not used on anything else from tek.

Its part number is: 366-1258-00

Thanks!

-Chuck Harris

Richard Steedman

Just for future reference if someone searches for this thread, the 366-1258-00 knob is also used on the 7S12. A 366-1299-00 from a 7A18 or 7A26 makes a pretty good emergency substitute. You need to insert a small sleeve to expand the 0.125" spindle of the 7T11/7S12 to the 0.2" that the 366-1299-00 is looking for. The red knob fits in just fine and the only cosmetic difference is a much longer white line on the 366-1299-00.