Topics

Mystery Pulse Generator

Dave Seiter

On ebay, 362868002250; not sure what it really is- what caught my eye was the two 125ohm GR connectors on the rear. Maybe someone's accessory for part of a 519 system?
-Dave

stevenhorii

Dave,

I'm sure you noticed - the faceplate and rear connector panel are all
hand-lettered. A nice lettering job, but is this actually a Tek item? Maybe
if the original silkscreened labels were worn too much to read easily
someone re-lettered over what was there.

Steve H

On Thu, Sep 10, 2020 at 2:06 AM Dave Seiter <d.seiter@...> wrote:

On ebay, 362868002250; not sure what it really is- what caught my eye was
the two 125ohm GR connectors on the rear. Maybe someone's accessory for
part of a 519 system?
-Dave

scm@...

I'd guess that it's an instrument made for internal use at Tektronix. The unfinished rear panel (2 unused holes for GR connectors and the hand lettering support this suspicion) Also, the complete lack of a Model number and a serial number (not even a sub 100 S/N). It might be one-of-a-kind, built by an engineer for a specific project. The 3 prong power connector indicates that it is not ancient.

The 0.2 nS risetime is impressive, when compared with my R293 (1 nS, using an avalanche transistor). The R263 is probably much better in the pulse shape and width control department, however.

teamlarryohio

It looks like there is some 109 DNA in it. Cabinet, controls, some of the connectors. The 109 would do 250 ps and would not do line sync. Otherwise could be a homebrew 109.
-ls-