Topics

Mylar Tektronix photos from 1950’s and 60’s fro eBay

John Williams

I purchased these Tektronix photos on Mylar from eBay. I would appreciate it if someone out there could shed any light on purpose, origin, etc. The listing has good photos so I won’t try to post any more. Thanks. John

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lot-Of-18-1950-s-60-s-Tektronix-Electrical-Device-Schematics/153702060973?hash=item23c95b53ad:g:Tr4AAOSwjG5dknsw

John Griessen

On 12/12/19 3:24 PM, John Williams wrote:
would appreciate it if someone out there could shed any light on purpose, origin, etc.

That mostly black film is a tooling film for making
photosensitive prints by contact probably. It's what patterned
the resist for an aluminum anodized front panel.

FOR HOVEN MOD MONTEK

must mean it is for eindhoven Netherlands. Tek had a factory at Heerenveen,
so maybe the customer was in eindhoven?

On Thu, Dec 12, 2019 at 10:41 PM, John Griessen wrote:

must mean it is for eindhoven Netherlands. Tek had a factory at Heerenveen,
so maybe the customer was in eindhoven?
Dutch Philips' main offices were in Eindhoven.

Raymond

Greg Muir

Given dimensions are in inches I suspect that the autopositives and the one negative were for use at the Beaverton plant. The indication of a Netherland reference on the negative may have been for a batch of completed panels destined to be shipped to their offshore plant for final assembly.

Photo anodizing is a significant process to maintain and I suspect that the Netherlands plant may have not possessed that function. Manufacturing processes requiring large overheads are usually located a one central plant with the lower cost manufacturing, mostly assembly related, being distributed to other locations when desired. Assemblers are a much cheaper commodity.

Greg