Topics

More options for curve tracing

iMac

cnc_joker

It seems that you could do the same thing with a HP 663X series of power supplies.
With one supply you could plot 2 terminal devices and with a second supply you
could do a full curve trace of 3 terminal devices. The computer would have
to provide the display screen but that is preferable anyway. And they are
a lot cheaper.

Szabolcs Szigeti

Hi,

Yup, they are quite capable power supplies, but due to the resolution
of the voltage and current setting and sensing, they would mostly be
only useful for power devices. You could certainly not do accurate mV
and uA measurements on them . They do have an option though (option
760, I think) that uses a relay to switch polarity, and it makes it a
sort-of 4 quadrant supply as the base unit can already source and sink
current.

But you are right, one can buy a lot of these for the price of a Keithly SMU.

Szabolcs

cnc_joker via Groups.Io <peter=reilley.com@groups.io> ezt írta
(időpont: 2020. jan. 8., Sze, 12:56):

It seems that you could do the same thing with a HP 663X series of power supplies.
With one supply you could plot 2 terminal devices and with a second supply you
could do a full curve trace of 3 terminal devices. The computer would have
to provide the display screen but that is preferable anyway. And they are
a lot cheaper.

Dick Benson

Hi,

I use an Agilent E3647a GPIB controllable power supply and MATLAB code:

https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/68900-a-semiconductor-c
urve-tracer

Since I already had the supply and GPIB adapter, this was an easy route
for me.

I recognize this is not the case for everyone!

Regards,

Dick (Saratoga CA)

Sent from a Logic Free Asylum deep within The Sanctuary State of California
using my phoneI V11.01 Pro

Bibimus Ergo Sumus, En Vino Veritas, Quaerite et Invenietis, Illegitimi non
Carborundum

Eric

Yea but I looking it to it. The V-I software is a $1,500 upgrade for the SMU. You still need to $4,000 to $10,000 SMU. I can build an AC curve tracer for $20 That will do about 30V P-P

On 1/8/2020 4:00 AM, iMac via Groups.Io wrote:
A modern version for curve tracing.The biggest version of the hardware provides 1000 Volt,1 Amp.

https://www.tek.com/blog/theyre-back-new-software-keithley-smus-emulates-classic-tektronix-curve-tracers?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=brand-thursday