Topics

Model 22 sweep plugin kinda marginal??

george gonzalez

I am the proud owner of a Tek 555 with the type 22 plugins.

Works swell, however the triggering is as iffy as the triggering on a
AN/USM-24C if you know the performance of that ilk.
Or a Heathkit $49 scope of a certain vintage.

Were the Type 22’s a bit jiggly, perhaps due to their rather compact
construction or lack of tunnel diodes, or might something be amiss in mine?

Any opinions appreciated.

John Williams

Hi George. I have three 555 scopes and all three a quirky little buggers when it comes to triggering. I think it is partly due to aging of various components. The ones with tunnel diodes require exacting adjustment as it details in the manuals. I know they will trigger to over 100 MHz but mine have always fussy to get a stable display. John

fiftythreebuick

Hi George!

Glad you've got a 555.... My favorite scope!

I have had them with the 21/22 combo as well as the 21A/22A combo and I like the way the 21/22 units work just fine. Less triggering bandwidth but they have a rather nice "auto level" mode that's extremely convenient within the bandwidth that it covers. I believe it's basically the same functionality as the 545A.

I'd say that 22 unit should work well unless it has a problem of some type....

Tom