Topics

Making TDS 5xx/6xx elastomer buttons

Derek Chauran

Hello - I have a TDS 510A and a 640A, with only one set of buttons between them. I looked into buying set, but they are around $100 shipped, which is hardly worth the expense.

So I decided to use this as an opportunity to work on my CAD skills, and designed a set of buttons, and a mold for them. The plan was to 3d print the mold, and use RTV to cast the buttons with copper tape placed in the mold for the contact surfaces. This plan seems to be viable, except that my printer is having some issues and I cannot get it to print correctly right now. Is there anyone else who would be interested in collaborating on this effort? There's no money in it, and I plan to "open source" the files once I have finished.

Thanks,
Derek

Stephen Hanselman

Derek,

First where are you and then if it’s the US which elastomer do you need. I have a number of ‘pulls’ that are available for $10+shipping.

Regards,

Stephen Hanselman
Datagate Systems, LLC

On Nov 5, 2020, at 11:22, Derek Chauran <af7ux@outlook.com> wrote:

Hello - I have a TDS 510A and a 640A, with only one set of buttons between them. I looked into buying set, but they are around $100 shipped, which is hardly worth the expense.

So I decided to use this as an opportunity to work on my CAD skills, and designed a set of buttons, and a mold for them. The plan was to 3d print the mold, and use RTV to cast the buttons with copper tape placed in the mold for the contact surfaces. This plan seems to be viable, except that my printer is having some issues and I cannot get it to print correctly right now. Is there anyone else who would be interested in collaborating on this effort? There's no money in it, and I plan to "open source" the files once I have finished.

Thanks,
Derek

Derek Chauran

Thank you! I need the buttons that surround the crt display on a tds 510/640, and probably other models. Id you have one, then please contact me at af7ux at outlook dot com.

Thanks,
Derek
[...]

I have several of those. If you’re in the US it will easily fit in a flat rate envelope. I’m on the road till Sunday so it will go out Monday or Tuesday next week.

Regards,

Stephen Hanselman
Datagate Systems, LLC