Topics

Loose vertical deflection lead strikes again

Dave Seiter

Years ago I got a SC502 for a song as "parts only"(but it had a trace), and while it worked, the vertical positioning was weird- both knobs affected both traces, in opposite directions.  I did reseat all the connectors back then, but must have missed the ones to the V amp... (it is a rather compact unit, after all!)  Today I started wondering if it might have the same issue as the 5111, and sure enough, not only was one wire loose, it was off the lead entirely.  No way it vibrated off unless someone didn't reinstall it correctly.
-Dave