Looking for WaveStar WSTR31 Version 1.3

Andrew

Hey all --

I've spent more hours that I'd like to admit trying to locate WaveStar WSTR31 Version 1.3 online, but all I've turned up are 1.0.3, 1.1.1b and 1.1.2. Was really hopping to find 1.3 (and maybe even 1.2) to run on some older period correct hardware.

I'm surprised 1.3 seems to have completely vanished from the face of the internet. Tek used to have it up on their site to freely download and run as either an upgrade version or full 30 day demo version for years (file name for it was wvstrup.zip) but it sadly didn't make it to the Internet Archive as it was a hot link off their page to their FTP.

Does anyone happen to have or know where I might find a copy?

Thanks!

Andrew

For anyone that is interested--I did happen to find version 1.2.2 and it's up on the Internet Archive now.

Bruce Lane

Which archive? KO4BB's site?

    A link would have been helpful...

--
Bruce Lane, ARS KC7GR
kyrrin@bluefeathertech.com

Andrew

Sorry, I was referring to Archive.org. Wasn’t sure if it was ok to post software links here, but here we go: https://archive.org/details/TEK_WSTR31U_V1.2.2

Enjoy =D

n4mf.sc@...

I just uploaded Wavestar 4.1.100.1332 to the files area. Not sure if you can use it but the Wavestar name toggled a lamp..

Mitch
N4MF

On Wed, Oct 6, 2021 at 12:46 PM, <n4mf.sc@gmail.com> wrote:

I just uploaded Wavestar 4.1.100.1332
That's Wavestar version 2.7.4

/Håkan

Andrew

Hey all--

I decided to make a little archive of the different WaveStar (WSTRO) 2.x versions I've found and have uploaded them to the Internet Archive.

This collection includes versions 2.5, 2.6, 2.7.4 and 2.8.1, along with release notes and manuals for each version: https://archive.org/details/WSTRO_V25-V281

I also tried to comment on what the notable differences are with each version on the archive page.

Hopefully this can help those with older scopes that are looking to run WaveStar.

Thanks

n4mf.sc@...

Hi Hakan,
That's what the info showed on the exe. I think I acquired that from Bluefeather via FTP back in 2004.

Mitch
N4MF

On Thu, Oct 7, 2021 at 01:23 AM, <n4mf.sc@gmail.com> wrote:

That's what the info showed on the exe.
Yes as file version ...
Product (Wavestar) version is shown as 2.7.4 which can also be seen in the Readme.txt file of the unzip'd exe file.

/Håkan

Brian J. Henry

I am happy to report that I have been successful getting WSTR31 version 1.2.2 running under the 32 bit version of Windows 10.

First, I loaded up version 1.0.3 which can be found here:

http://w140.com/wavestar3.1_setup.exe

then, I upgraded to version 1.2.2 using the link that Andrew provided:

https://archive.org/details/TEK_WSTR31U_V1.2.2

It took a little while for my WIN10 computer to locate all of the upgrade files, but once it did, the upgrade went smoothly.

Much thanks to Andrew for doing all of this research!

Brian