Topics

Looking for TDS6804B pictures or TDS6/7000B series acquisition boards, bad or good

@flyte

Hi all,

I'm new here but some of you may know me from the eevblog forum and the TDS floppy nvram dump scripts.

Currently I'm looking for some good soul who would be willing to share very detailed component level pictures of a TDS6804B acquisition board. I had to do with a totally dishonest seller who sold me a TDS6804B where the acquisition board was stripped of quite some components. They removed a bit of everything: an ADC, an analog mux, the VCOs are gone, some MCUs ripped out, smaller passive components missing. It look like they did a try-and-error repair job and eventually gave up on it or sourced some parts from there. A complete shame, you don't give up on such wonderful equipment.

I'm also looking for any TDS6000B/7000B series acquisition boards, good or bad, free or not, which I could use as a donor, as the -B series all seem to share a lot of components and certainly the core components.

The boards for offer on Ebay are simply way too expensive for this kind of risky adventure.

So far I had no luck, but any efforts would be very highly appreciated and I can only thank in advance for any replies or efforts.

-- flyte

guy_ellis_1964

Hi Flyte,

I've got a TDS6604 here that I'm working on - I'd be interested to know the differences in the Acq. boards.
Mine has a trigger problem and SPC fail.
Maybe we can share notes?

Regards,
- Guy.

guy_ellis_1964

Hi Flyte,
I've managed to find the main fault with my TDS6604 - one of the trigger chips was fried, the infamous Tek # 156-8278-00
I've also managed to locate a couple of Acq. boards for TDS6604, but I'm not sure what parts, if any are common with TDS6804B.
Unfortunately around about the time that the TDS6804B was released, Tektronix changed their policy and Acq. boards were no longer sold as spares.
Even worse the part number is not even listed in the 6804B service manual.
Regards,
- Guy.