Topics

Looking for P7001 / GPIB ROM images

Holger Lübben

Hi!

The GPIB interface in my P7001 does not work correctly. I did some debugging and I'm pretty sure the error is in the firmware.
Is there anybody with a P7001/GPIB combo in this group who could provide me with working copy of the ROM files?

The files on Tekwiki come from the ROMs in my device - so they are also buggy.

Thanks

Holger

On Sat, May 23, 2020 at 02:12 PM, Holger Lübben wrote:

Is there anybody with a P7001/GPIB combo in this group who could provide me
with working copy of the ROM files?
Hi Holger,
I may have a way to read the ROMs in my unit.
Just to verify we're talking about the same hw/fw versions: My interface (board 670-4882-03) contains 7 pcs. 2708, numbered 160-0174-00.. 160-0810 in ink handwriting. Also, they all have "37-78" written on them in pencil. Could be a date code.
If these are what you're looking for, what format should the ROM code files preferably be in (Intel, Motorola, Tek, TI)?

Raymond

Holger Lübben

Hi Raymond,

Thanks for your help.

My board and ROM layout matches your description.
Here is a picture of my board:
http://w140.com/tekwiki/images/f/f0/P7001_GPIB_adaper_right_dismounted.jpg
As you can see someone changed some of the ROMs in the past - maybe thats the source of my problems.

It would be nice to get the files in "plain binary format" (*.bin), but I can reformat nearly every format.

Holger