Looking for a socket for Curve Tracer adaptor

n4buq

I have a Curve Tracer Adaptor, P/N 013-0128-00, for a 5CT1N/7CT1N plugin and a previous owner removed the larger of the two sockets (for a TO-5?). From the documentation I have, that socket is P/N 027-1758-000-999 and I'm not finding that (and not surprised either).

Anyone know where one might find a genuine/suitable socket?

Thanks,
Barry - N4BUQ

RellikJM

I'm guessing either of these should work if you file off the protruding bump on the socket:

https://tinyurl.com/ED2150-ND $1.82
https://tinyurl.com/ED90421-ND $1.87

Both are Mill-Max sockets from Digi-Key.

n4buq

I've seen those and they might work. They're a little shorter than the original but I don't think that would be much of a problem. The body of the transistor would probably still fit down a short way in the hole in the front cover.

Thanks,
Barry - N4BUQ

I'm guessing either of these should work if you file off the protruding bump on
the socket:

https://tinyurl.com/ED2150-ND $1.82
https://tinyurl.com/ED90421-ND $1.87

Both are Mill-Max sockets from Digi-Key.

Jean-Paul

The adapter sockets are not robust , for 576, 577,
we made DIY adapters 4 term - 5 bananas of test fixture on curve tracer to 3 term 2 wire, then clip leads.

Jon