From: TekScopes@groups.io [mailto:TekScopes@groups.io] On Behalf Of stevenhorii
Sent: Friday, July 10, 2020 1:41 PM
To: TekScopes@groups.io
Subject: [TekScopes] Looking for

I am looking for a rare 7000-series plug-in: A 7J11 optical spectrum analyzer with the external detector head. I know that these are uncommon as I don't think Tek made many of them (high price). If anyone knows of one for sale, let me know off-list. Thanks!

--
Dennis Tillman W7pF
TekScopes Moderator

stevenhorii

Oops - Thanks for the correction!

On Fri, Jul 10, 2020, 23:42 Dennis Tillman W7pF <@Dennis_Tillman_W7pF> wrote:

7J20 and J20.

I am looking for a rare 7000-series plug-in: A 7J11 optical spectrum
analyzer with the external detector head. I know that these are uncommon as
I don't think Tek made many of them (high price). If anyone knows of one
for sale, let me know off-list. Thanks!

--
Dennis Tillman W7pF
TekScopes Moderator

Colin Herbert

I think if you find one of those, that it will be protected by unicorns. According to Dennis Tillman in TekWiki, there were only about 40 made. If I understand correctly from past discussion on this "holy grail" plug-in, Dennis has one (not for sale).
As I also understand it, the likelihood of anyone having a legitimate purpose for owning and using one, other than simple collection, is almost zero. As a retired Research Chemist, I am aware of what it is capable of doing and I would love to own one, but (1) it would sit on a shelf most of the time and (2) it would reduce my bank-balance significantly.
Give it up...
Colin.