Topics

LF: An up to date eBay price list

snapdiode

For example, the 1S1 and 1S2 haven't been seen in a long time on eBay, there are none in the "completed listings" and only one 1S1 that's been listed for months.

Who kept tabs on prices in the last few years?

Jokken Feldhaar

Hi,

I have a list of German Ebay sales for motre than the last 10 years.

The column titles are ITEM, PRICE, DATE ddmmyy, Number of bidders (zero
means no sale), and the name of the seller of unsold items

TEK 1S1 37,27 100817 3
TEK 1S1 47,5 210411 9
TEK 1S1 57 210411 10
TEK 1S1 57,66 180312 6
TEK 1S1 61 210315 9
TEK 1S1 78,9 110508 7
TEK 1S1 78,99 080418 9
TEK 1S1 80 201117 0 lambdaviertel
TEK 1S1 81 081219 9
TEK 1S1 86 060212 6
TEK 1S1 113,75 040408 15
TEK 1S1 122 050217 5
TEK 1S1 145 151208 11
TEK 1S1 157 201212 4
TEK 1S1 200 180312 0 gw380
TEK 1S1 300 121211 0 gw380
TEK 1S2 109 180312 10
TEK 1S2 161,53 201212 4
TEK 1S2 177 081219 10
TEK 1S2 200 180312 0 gw380
TEK 1S2 300 121211 0 gw380

Cheers, Jochen DH6FAZ
Am 17.12.2020 um 21:45 schrieb snapdiode via groups.io:

For example, the 1S1 and 1S2 haven't been seen in a long time on eBay, there are none in the "completed listings" and only one 1S1 that's been listed for months.

Who kept tabs on prices in the last few years?

Jean-Paul

There is a fine market in TM500, 24xx scopes TM5000 and 7000 scopes and plugins.

The 500 series is huge and power hungry, now over 60 years old.
Most interesting to collectors and restoration folk.

VERY bad to ship, cost >> value and easy to arrive damaged.

Ebay is the wrong venue.

Best place to find is ham radio fleas or Craigs List local.

Jon

snapdiode

Thanks, I guess that's in Euros?

snapdiode

The plugins are small and easier to ship. I think the best years were from 2000-2015. There were 500 series plugins by the truckload and not too expensive.

And there aren't necessarily bargains locally either

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-appareils-electroniques/ville-de-montreal/rare-tektronix-oscilloscope-524ad-cathode-ray-40-tubes/1535343361

Jokken Feldhaar

Hi snapdiode,

yes, in Euros. Prices for TEK equipment tend to be a lot higher in
Europe due to less stuff available here.

Cheers, Jochen DH6FAZ

Am 18.12.2020 um 17:27 schrieb snapdiode via groups.io:

Thanks, I guess that's in Euros?

Roy Thistle

On Fri, Dec 18, 2020 at 08:55 AM, snapdiode wrote:

there aren't necessarily bargains locally
Ad says, "This quality test equipment comes with a custom rolling stand, the users manual and 40 [extra?] tubes."
By that statement I surmise, the seller is clueless, or greedy, or both. The big draw, for the audio squirrels is "tubes" and the seller appears to know it.
But who knows... I've seen people asking for far more... and very indignant towards the messenger: when their informed they're dreaming.

snapdiode

When dealing with strangers and haggling about a price, the simple approach is simply "I offer X" and wait for the reply.

There's no need for anything else.

Anyone who has a Tek 500-series can see the value of saving on shipping, for example, or have a parts mule with a CRT...

Keith Erickson

I have a number of 500 series plug ins.

Keith Erickson
Wayzata, MN

On Dec 18, 2020, at 1:58 PM, snapdiode via groups.io <snapdiode=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

When dealing with strangers and haggling about a price, the simple approach is simply "I offer X" and wait for the reply.

There's no need for anything else.

Anyone who has a Tek 500-series can see the value of saving on shipping, for example, or have a parts mule with a CRT...

Hi Keith,
I am restoring two 545B's and have for them one working 1A1 and two (not working?) 1S1 plugins. Would love to get at least one more useful plugin, then one 1S1 will be surplus to my requirements, unless kept for spares.

Also have a late made in Holland (with readout and fan) 7603 with two 7A18 (one with DC offset); one 7B53A, and a now surplus working 7B53AN. For this 7603 I would again love to get a fancier plugin like a nice RF spectrum analyser! This 7603 came from Canada; carriage was indeed expensive.

Regards,
David Collier
Canberra

Keith Erickson

I do have 1- “1A1”

Keith

On Dec 18, 2020, at 4:14 PM, David Collier <dc888@tpg.com.au> wrote:

Hi Keith,
I am restoring two 545B's and have for them one working 1A1 and two (not working?) 1S1 plugins. Would love to get at least one more useful plugin, then one 1S1 will be surplus to my requirements, unless kept for spares.

Also have a late made in Holland (with readout and fan) 7603 with two 7A18 (one with DC offset); one 7B53A, and a now surplus working 7B53AN. For this 7603 I would again love to get a fancier plugin like a nice RF spectrum analyser! This 7603 came from Canada; carriage was indeed expensive.

Regards,
David Collier
Canberra

Michael W. Lynch

Any time an E-Bay or other Advertisement begins with "vintage", "rare" or "collectable" the sellers are many times clueless or greedy and have priced their items way above any reasonable value. Like the recent listing that I was looking at that showed a 465 that obviously had almost all the knobs gone AND many of the shafts were gone as well. So there was no way that this thing was even a good "parts mule" and they were asking something like $175 with "free" shipping to USA only. Sellers can ASK as much as they like, it does not mean they will get their price. I agree with snapdiode, just offer X number of $$ and leave it there.

--
Michael Lynch
Dardanelle, AR

Hi Michael,
An Australian firm is offering a 7L5 (7000 series 5MHz spectrum analyser plugin) for a mere A$2,750.
This strikes me as excessive, but they say it has 'better filters' than a Rigol SA.
Regards