Topics

letter series plugins

snapdiode

Is it me or are the days of great choice and prices for letter series plugins long gone on eBay?
No more 1S1 or 1S2s, or 1L series analyzers, etc...
I guess everyone who wanted to collect these things bought them years ago and are hanging on to them?

Bob Albert

Well I still have a 1A2 for sale.
Bob

On Sunday, July 28, 2019, 04:10:55 PM PDT, snapdiode via Groups.Io <snapdiode=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Is it me or are the days of great choice and prices for letter series plugins long gone on eBay?
No more 1S1 or 1S2s, or 1L series analyzers, etc...
I guess everyone who wanted to collect these things bought them years ago and are hanging on to them?

george edmonds

Hi

I have a number of letter series plugins, an incomplete list is D, 1A1, and a 1S1 along with its probe kit plus a 533A scope for sale. All are in very good condition.

I will not sell these to be broken up for spares, they need to go to a serious Tektronix collector.

I am located in the south east of the UK.

George G6HIG

On Monday, July 29, 2019, 12:10:54 AM GMT+1, snapdiode via Groups.Io <snapdiode=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Is it me or are the days of great choice and prices for letter series plugins long gone on eBay?
No more 1S1 or 1S2s, or 1L series analyzers, etc...
I guess everyone who wanted to collect these things bought them years ago and are hanging on to them?

Tim Phillips

george - I am interested in the 1S1 - how much ?
I am in Central London England.
kindest regards
(can't reach you by private mail)

On Mon, 29 Jul 2019 at 10:51, george edmonds via Groups.Io <G6HIG=
yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hi

I have a number of letter series plugins, an incomplete list is D, 1A1,
and a 1S1 along with its probe kit plus a 533A scope for sale. All are in
very good condition.

I will not sell these to be broken up for spares, they need to go to a
serious Tektronix collector.

I am located in the south east of the UK.

George G6HIG

On Monday, July 29, 2019, 12:10:54 AM GMT+1, snapdiode via Groups.Io
<snapdiode=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Is it me or are the days of great choice and prices for letter series
plugins long gone on eBay?
No more 1S1 or 1S2s, or 1L series analyzers, etc...
I guess everyone who wanted to collect these things bought them years ago
and are hanging on to them?

george edmonds

Hi Tim

I am in the Dover area, my email is G6HIG at Yahoo dot com.

I really want to sell this as a package, as to value I have no idea at present will do the usual research.

yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

  Hi

I have a number of letter series plugins, an incomplete list is D, 1A1,
and a 1S1 along with its probe kit plus a 533A scope for sale. All are in
very good condition.

I will not sell these to be broken up for spares, they need to go to a
serious Tektronix collector.

I am located in the south east of the UK.

George G6HIG

      On Monday, July 29, 2019, 12:10:54 AM GMT+1, snapdiode via Groups.Io
<snapdiode=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

  Is it me or are the days of great choice and prices for letter series
plugins long gone on eBay?
No more 1S1 or 1S2s, or 1L series analyzers, etc...
I guess everyone who wanted to collect these things bought them years ago
and are hanging on to them?

george edmonds

Hi again

I have done a worldwide search for some price guidance with no results, The only one I could find was the dual channel version which looked like it came from a scrap pile.

I have attached some photographs of my 1S1 and a P6045 probe kit (could not quickly find the 1S1 probe kit but I am certain that I have one).

Regards

yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

  Hi

I have a number of letter series plugins, an incomplete list is D, 1A1,
and a 1S1 along with its probe kit plus a 533A scope for sale. All are in
very good condition.

I will not sell these to be broken up for spares, they need to go to a
serious Tektronix collector.

I am located in the south east of the UK.

George G6HIG

      On Monday, July 29, 2019, 12:10:54 AM GMT+1, snapdiode via Groups.Io
<snapdiode=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

  Is it me or are the days of great choice and prices for letter series
plugins long gone on eBay?
No more 1S1 or 1S2s, or 1L series analyzers, etc...
I guess everyone who wanted to collect these things bought them years ago
and are hanging on to them?

Tim Phillips

OK, thanks, George - I already have 533, 536, 545B, 547 and 549, so am
tight for space anyway !!!
cheers
Tim

yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hi

I have a number of letter series plugins, an incomplete list is D, 1A1,
and a 1S1 along with its probe kit plus a 533A scope for sale. All are in
very good condition.

I will not sell these to be broken up for spares, they need to go to a
serious Tektronix collector.

I am located in the south east of the UK.

George G6HIG

On Monday, July 29, 2019, 12:10:54 AM GMT+1, snapdiode via Groups.Io
<snapdiode=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Is it me or are the days of great choice and prices for letter series
plugins long gone on eBay?
No more 1S1 or 1S2s, or 1L series analyzers, etc...
I guess everyone who wanted to collect these things bought them years ago
and are hanging on to them?

george edmonds

OK Tim I can understand your problem, I must have in excess of twenty Tektronix scopes plus other makes and as for signal generators I have lost count.

Best wishes

George

yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

  Hi

I have a number of letter series plugins, an incomplete list is D, 1A1,
and a 1S1 along with its probe kit plus a 533A scope for sale. All are in
very good condition.

I will not sell these to be broken up for spares, they need to go to a
serious Tektronix collector.

I am located in the south east of the UK.

George G6HIG

      On Monday, July 29, 2019, 12:10:54 AM GMT+1, snapdiode via Groups.Io
<snapdiode=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

  Is it me or are the days of great choice and prices for letter series
plugins long gone on eBay?
No more 1S1 or 1S2s, or 1L series analyzers, etc...
I guess everyone who wanted to collect these things bought them years ago
and are hanging on to them?

snapdiode

Hi everyone, I wasn't looking to buy or sell anything, I was just wondering if the market has dried up because everyone who has the "bug" has purchased what they want and is hoarding all the plugins they have, or there are simply no more left out there.

Kurt Rosenfeld

Does anybody own the full set of all 500-series (not TM500) plug-ins that Tek made? Are there any particularly elusive ones?

Bob Albert

I got rid of all that stuff years ago.  Actually I recently discovered one remnant, a 1A2 plug-in.
Bob

On Wednesday, July 31, 2019, 08:07:59 PM PDT, Kurt Rosenfeld <kurt.harlem@...> wrote:

Does anybody own the full set of all 500-series (not TM500) plug-ins that Tek made? Are there any particularly elusive ones?

Craig Sawyers

Well, not the full set, but this is the list:

D, CA, 1A4, 1A7A, L, Z, 82, 1S1, 1S2, N, 1L5 (with 015-0107-00) , 1L10, 1L20, Pentrix L20 (post Tek
acquisition), R, O, TU2, 067-0523-00, 067-0521-00

I have to admit that most or all of it does not get used now, mainly because I have no room in my
rather compact lab to house a mainframe or two to operate them (or fix them!). But I do have a 545A,
two 545B, two 585's and two 547's, most of which are fully operational, or at least were when last
turned on.

Craig

Does anybody own the full set of all 500-series (not TM500) plug-ins that Tek made? Are there any
particularly elusive ones?

Dave Voorhis

On 1 Aug 2019, at 04:07, Kurt Rosenfeld <kurt.harlem@...> wrote:

Does anybody own the full set of all 500-series (not TM500) plug-ins that Tek made?
I wish! I only have a 1A2, 1A4, and a Z for my 549. Plugins show up on eBay UK every so often, but as my 549 is mainly a working personal museum piece, I’m not inclined to get more unless they’re unusual and cheap.

Dave Seiter

Certainly not the full set at all, but Tek only: 067-0521-00, 1A1, 1A4, 1A6, 1A7, 1A7A, 1L5, 1L20, 53/54C, 53/54G, B, CA, D, G, H, K, L, M, ML, O, Q, R, W, Z.
I think the mil versions (like the ML) are pretty elusive.
-Dave

On Wednesday, July 31, 2019, 08:07:59 PM PDT, Kurt Rosenfeld <kurt.harlem@...> wrote:

Does anybody own the full set of all 500-series (not TM500) plug-ins that Tek made? Are there any particularly elusive ones?

Bob Albert

You can buy my 1A2 if you want another step toward a complete collection.
Bob On Thursday, August 1, 2019, 01:33:50 PM PDT, Dave Seiter <d.seiter@...> wrote:

Certainly not the full set at all, but Tek only: 067-0521-00, 1A1, 1A4, 1A6, 1A7, 1A7A, 1L5, 1L20, 53/54C, 53/54G, B, CA, D, G, H, K, L, M, ML, O, Q, R, W, Z.
I think the mil versions (like the ML) are pretty elusive.
-Dave

On Wednesday, July 31, 2019, 08:07:59 PM PDT, Kurt Rosenfeld <kurt.harlem@...> wrote:

Does anybody own the full set of all 500-series (not TM500) plug-ins that Tek made? Are there any particularly elusive ones?

Dave Seiter

Hahaha-
Thanks for the offer, Bob; tempting, but I think I'll pass.  The tube stuff doesn't get used much since the garage has been almost completely taken over by machinery.
-Dave

On Thursday, August 1, 2019, 01:51:32 PM PDT, Bob Albert via Groups.Io <bob91343=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

You can buy my 1A2 if you want another step toward a complete collection.
Bob    On Thursday, August 1, 2019, 01:33:50 PM PDT, Dave Seiter <d.seiter@...> wrote:

  Certainly not the full set at all, but Tek only: 067-0521-00, 1A1, 1A4, 1A6, 1A7, 1A7A, 1L5, 1L20, 53/54C, 53/54G, B, CA, D, G, H, K, L, M, ML, O, Q, R, W, Z.
I think the mil versions (like the ML) are pretty elusive.
-Dave
    On Wednesday, July 31, 2019, 08:07:59 PM PDT, Kurt Rosenfeld <kurt.harlem@...> wrote:

Does anybody own the full set of all 500-series (not TM500) plug-ins that Tek made? Are there any particularly elusive ones?

snapdiode

I guess the answer is that everyone who got the bug to collect these things has done so, and dried up the supply.
I suppose this means the demand is also gone, I can't picture anyone wanting to buy a 500 series setup today to play around with Arduinos...
I like my 547, as a display piece.

Dave Daniel

I’m still looking for a TU-7.

DaveD

Sent from a small flat thingy

On Aug 3, 2019, at 09:41, snapdiode via Groups.Io <snapdiode=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

I guess the answer is that everyone who got the bug to collect these things has done so, and dried up the supply.
I suppose this means the demand is also gone, I can't picture anyone wanting to buy a 500 series setup today to play around with Arduinos...
I like my 547, as a display piece.

Chuck Harris

With the exception of the late, great, Jim Williams of Linear
Technology fame, big tube scopes, haven't been used for serious
electronics work in 30 years.

Model T Fords haven't been used for serious transportation duties
in even longer, and yet they are still available; if you have the
necessary jingle in your pocket you too can own one.

Like a Model T Ford, owning a 500 series scope is more about
esthetics, than about practical use.

Ply me with money, and you can have all of mine.

-Chuck Harris

snapdiode via Groups.Io wrote:

I guess the answer is that everyone who got the bug to collect these things has done so, and dried up the supply.
I suppose this means the demand is also gone, I can't picture anyone wanting to buy a 500 series setup today to play around with Arduinos...
I like my 547, as a display piece.

David Holland

On Sat, Aug 3, 2019 at 9:42 AM snapdiode via Groups.Io
<snapdiode=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

I guess the answer is that everyone who got the bug to collect these things has done so, and dried up the supply.
I suppose this means the demand is also gone, I can't picture anyone wanting to buy a 500 series setup today to play around with Arduinos...
I like my 547, as a display piece.
I dunno, I like *using* my 560 series equipment, and am working on
finishing my collection. I guess I should have started earlier...
;-)

Obligatory: Any have a 3L10, 3A2, 3B2, or 3B5 they're looking to
unload? :-) I think those are the remaining ones I'm missing I
can see a use for, a 3C66, not so much...

David