Topics

LCDs and Audio items added to the Sphere Stuff Season Page.

Further to some very reasonable requests, we have added new (and cheap) color LCD displays and other interesting bits to the R+D Magic section, as well as a new category for Audio parts and equipment to the Stuff Season page.
https://www.sphere.bc.ca/test/stuffday.html

Plus, all the normal Tek, HP and Fluke items you may find interesting.
please drop by and snorkel around, and don't for get the knife+ tool bowl at the top,, and the free stuff section at the bottom. It's not quite as good as being here in person for stuff day, but it's as close as I can get it right now.

all the best,
walter (walter2 -at- sphere.bc.ca)
sphere research corp.
https://www.sphere.bc.ca/test/index.html

Hi Walter,
The "Star Wars" effect is nice but I took issue with your "World Famous" claim. I have often told anyone who would listen that I am "World Famous" and when they are about to challenge my claim I quickly add "but only in Bellevue". That seems to be more acceptable.

I mention you and your remarkable enterprise to every stranger I meet in elevators (this seems to happen numerous times ever since I began riding the elevators at the Colombia Tower in Seattle for hours on end for some unexplained reason).
When the doors close I ask them "Are you familiar with the amazing bargains you can find at the World Famous Sphere Research"? I am almost always met with a puzzled look until I add "of Canada, TekScopes, and the Internet".
At that moment their face fills with enlightenment and their body becomes light enough to lift slightly off the floor of the elevator if it is going down.
Based on an unbiased evaluation of my "impromptu "Man in the Elevator interviews" I believe your claim of "World Fame" needs a qualifier. Is there room to revise your Sphere Wars crawler to say something like this: "A long time ago in a house far, far, away known throughout the internet as the World Famous (in Canada and on TekScopes) Sphere Research there were so many amazing things in need of a new home that Walter created Stuff Day to get rid of them all so he could finally get into his Sauna...".
You can fill in the rest.

It also wouldn't hurt if you applied for Historical or Landmark Status, or at least apply to the government to erect a "Roadside Attraction" sign outside your house along with a small bench people can sit on while they read the sign, and maybe have a few parking spots set aside for the inevitable tourist busses that are soon to follow.

Susan could make a little extra money on the side by giving tours (for a small donation of course) and you could put out a little table with some of your lovely photomultiplier tubes people can buy to decorate their Christmas tree with.

I'm going to take my medication now. Dennis

--
Dennis Tillman W7pF
TekScopes Moderator

Jim Ford

Yeah, I love those "Famous" cookies and "Famous" hamburgers!  If you have to tell me you're famous, you're not, by definition.Jim Ford Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

-------- Original message --------From: Dennis Tillman W7pF <dennis@ridesoft.com> Date: 11/22/20 2:20 PM (GMT-08:00) To: TekScopes@groups.io Subject: Re: [TekScopes] LCDs and Audio items added to the Sphere Stuff Season Page. Hi Walter, The "Star Wars" effect is nice but I took issue with your "World Famous" claim. I have often told anyone who would listen that I am "World Famous" and when they are about to challenge my claim I quickly add "but only in Bellevue". That seems to be more acceptable.I mention you and your remarkable enterprise to every stranger I meet in elevators (this seems to happen numerous times ever since I began riding the elevators at the Colombia Tower in Seattle for hours on end for some unexplained reason). When the doors close I ask them "Are you familiar with the amazing bargains you can find at the World Famous Sphere Research"? I am almost always met with a puzzled look until I add "of Canada, TekScopes, and the Internet". At that moment their face fills with enlightenment and their body becomes light enough to lift slightly off the floor of the elevator if it is going down.Based on an unbiased evaluation of my "impromptu "Man in the Elevator interviews" I believe your claim of "World Fame" needs a qualifier. Is there room to revise your Sphere Wars crawler to say something like this: "A long time ago in a house far, far, away known throughout the internet as the World Famous (in Canada and on TekScopes) Sphere Research there were so many amazing things in need of a new home that Walter created Stuff Day to get rid of them all so he could finally get into his Sauna...". You can fill in the rest.It also wouldn't hurt if you applied for Historical or Landmark Status, or at least apply to the government to erect a "Roadside Attraction" sign outside your house along with a small bench people can sit on while they read the sign, and maybe have a few parking spots set aside for the inevitable tourist busses that are soon to follow.Susan could make a little extra money on the side by giving tours (for a small donation of course) and you could put out a little table with some of your lovely photomultiplier tubes  people can buy to decorate their Christmas tree with.I'm going to take my medication now. Dennis -----Original Message-----From: TekScopes@groups.io [mailto:TekScopes@groups.io] On Behalf Of walter shawleeSent: Sunday, November 22, 2020 1:03 PMTo: TekScopes@groups.ioSubject: [TekScopes] LCDs and Audio items added to the Sphere Stuff Season Page.Further to some very reasonable requests, we have added new (and cheap) color LCD displays and other interesting bits to the R+D Magic section, as well as a new category for Audio parts and equipment to the Stuff Season page.https://www.sphere.bc.ca/test/stuffday.htmlPlus, all the normal Tek, HP and Fluke items you may find interesting.please drop by and snorkel around, and don't for get the knife+ tool bowl at the top,, and the free stuff section at the bottom. It's not quite as good as being here in person for stuff day, but it's as close as I can get it right now.all the best,walter (walter2 -at- sphere.bc.ca)sphere research corp.https://www.sphere.bc.ca/test/index.html-- Dennis Tillman W7pFTekScopes Moderator

Sorry to all that were offended by the "famous" line in the stuff season animation. the scrolling display was done by my son while he was experimenting with some effects for his photo studio site. I asked him to make one for me, but clearly I misjudged the significance of that line. I guess to him at least, the event is famous, but I see it has had unintended consequences, so I just took it down. I just thought it was funny, clearly opinions differ..

you can now see the page without the hideously offending line here:
https://www.sphere.bc.ca/test/stuffday.html
loads a lot faster without the animation anyway.

all the best,
walter

--
Walter Shawlee 2
Sphere Research Corp. 3394 Sunnyside Rd.

Dick

Face it, some folks would complain if they were hung
with a new rope !!

Never noticed the "offending" part, but I have a macabre
sense of humor. I thought "Breaking Bad" was more of a
comedy.

73, Dick, W1KSZ
________________________________
[...]

I wasn't offended, I just think it's silly for someone to describe himself or his company or product as "famous ".  Again, if you have to tell me you're famous, you ain't.JimSent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

-------- Original message -------From: walter shawlee <walter2@sphere.bc.ca> Date: 11/23/20 6:57 AM (GMT-08:00) To: TekScopes@groups.io Subject: Re: [TekScopes] LCDs and Audio items added to the Sphere Stuff Season Page. Sorry to all that were offended by the "famous" line in the stuff season animation. the scrolling display was done by my son while he was experimenting with some effects for his photo studio site. I asked him to make one for me, but clearly I misjudged the significance of that line. I guess to him at least, the event is famous, but I see it has had unintended consequences, so I just took it down. I just thought it was funny, clearly opinions differ..you can now see the page without the hideously offending line here:https://www.sphere.bc.ca/test/stuffday.htmlloads a lot faster without the animation anyway.all the best,walter-- Walter Shawlee 2Sphere Research Corp. 3394 Sunnyside Rd.West Kelowna, BC, V1Z 2V4 CANADAPhone: +1 (250-769-1834 -:- http://www.sphere.bc.ca+We';re all in one boat, no matter how it looks to you. (WS2)+All you need is love. (John Lennon)+But, that doesn't mean other things don't come in handy. (WS2)+Nature is trying very hard to make us succeed, but nature does not depend on us.We are not the only experiment. (R. Buckminster Fuller)

But YOU ARE FAMOUS WALTER!!! You're famous on TekScopes and you're famous to me. I'm just not sure you are WORLD FAMOUS! At least not yet.

After my friend Aris came with me to see you place I can definitely tell you that you are absolutely famous to Aris. That is a real complement because he is very stingy with who he considers famous.

I'm famous too, at least I think I am famous to our five golden retrievers. I hope I am anyway.

If only I was famous to Marian. That might make her treat me better.
Here reply is always the same: "That's not going to happen as long as you're alive".
:(

Dennis

[...]

Tam Hanna

I sense a lot of people being whiney at the moment. I seriously wish I had the amount of time to spare you lot seem to have.

<political rant removed, to save Dennis Tilman the effort>

--
With best regards
Tam HANNA

Enjoy electronics? Join 15k7 other followers by visiting the Crazy Electronics Lab at https://www.instagram.com/tam.hanna/