Topics

Latest firmware for TDS210 and TDS2CM?

Jared Cabot

Hi,

I have an old TDS210 scope with TDS2CM comms/math module and I was wondering if anyone knows what the latest firmware revisions for these modules is, and if anyone has these firmware files?

I was reading that some changes were made in the later firmwares and I have itchy fingers if my unit is an earlier rev.

Thanks!

On Wed, May 22, 2019 at 06:56 AM, Jared Cabot wrote:

I have an old TDS210 scope with TDS2CM comms/math module and I was wondering
if anyone knows what the latest firmware revisions for these modules is,
If you by old mean the first generation that had BNC connectors with two pins and F/W in a removable 24C040 PROM the last version as far
as I know is 1.19. The next generation had BNC connetors with four pins and F/W in flash ROM. They were programmed by attaching a
special programming fixture into the I/O module compartment. I don't know the latest version for those.
F/W is the same for TDS210 and TDS220.
/Håkan

Jared Cabot

I might actually have the newer version of the hardware.

My scope firmware is v2.03 and my module (It's actually a TDS2MM, not TDS2CM as I previously wrote) is v1.04
Are there any later versions than these? And is there any info on that programming fixture? I assume it would be almost unobtanium....

On Thu, May 23, 2019 at 03:58 AM, Jared Cabot wrote:

is there any info on that programming fixture?
The P/N is 067-0388-00 and it uses the same cover as the other extension modules. The serial port is still there but the other
connectors are not. In the hole for the GPIB connector is a IC socket for the master ROM and in the hole for the Centronics
connector is a small LED. The P/N for the master ROM v2.03 is 163-1368-02.
Although that I have one I can't recall ever using it and I haven't found any user info on it. Either it starts the flashing right
at power on or a start command has to be sent through RS232.

Are there any later versions than these?
I guess the only one that can tell what the last or latest versions are is Tek itself.

/Håkan

Jared Cabot

Hmm, good info. I think I probably have a late firmware then, it had the earthing recall fix already done too, so it was post recall as well.

I guess I'll leave this as it is unless something turns up by chance, no point poking the bear without all the stuff needed seeing as it isn't a simple thing to upgrade without the right equipment.

On Fri, May 24, 2019 at 04:57 PM, Jared Cabot wrote:

it had the earthing recall fix already done too, so it was post recall as well.
That was done on TDS210 below B049400 and TDS220 below B041060.
If your S/N is lower than that and has the P/S MOD sticker the main board has been replaced to the newer version.
This was not a recall but it was done on extended warranty if one or more BNC connector had become loose.

/Håkan

Mark Jordan

I tried to upgrade my TDS220 serial B031665 with the latest firmware V1.19 but the scope doesn't boot.
    Changed the original 27C040 for a AT49F040, removed R306 and shorted R307.
    Any ideas?

    Thanks,
    Mark Jordan