Topics

Is it OK to talk Keithley here since it's part of Tek?

Ed Breya

As many know, Tek has owned Keithley for some time. Is it OK to include any Keithley stuff here, considering it's now under the Tek umbrella/brand?

Ed

Hi Ed,
I would think you would have a lot more success finding answers to any Keithley questions you may have in a forum devoted to Keithley.

But since Danaher bought Keithley in 2010 and merged it with Tektronix shortly afterwards I suppose anything made with the Keithley name on it AFTER their merger in 2010 is a Tek product.

If the members of TekScopes find discussions of Keithley to be distracting I may have to ask you to setup a Keithley Forum on Groups.io of your own.

Dennis Tillman W7pF

-----Original Message-----
From: TekScopes@groups.io [mailto:TekScopes@groups.io] On Behalf Of Ed Breya via groups.io
Sent: Thursday, July 23, 2020 9:09 AM
To: TekScopes@groups.io
Subject: [TekScopes] Is it OK to talk Keithley here since it's part of Tek?

As many know, Tek has owned Keithley for some time. Is it OK to include any Keithley stuff here, considering it's now under the Tek umbrella/brand?

Ed

--
Dennis Tillman W7pF
TekScopes Moderator

Roy Thistle

On Sat, Jul 25, 2020 at 12:40 PM, Dennis Tillman W7pF wrote:

I may have to ask you to setup a Keithley Forum on Groups.io of your own.
Hi Dennis, Ed:
I'm sure you know... but for others... Dr. Dave runs a group that includes Keithley... searchable on Groups.io.
Best regards.
Roy

Brian Cockburn

Roy,

Did you mean Test-Equipment-For-Sale-Wanted-or-Exchange@groups.io? If so then that's not really a forum to talk and ask questions about Keithley kit. Or did you mean some other group?

Cheers, Brian.

Roy Thistle

Yes.... that's the one.
They do talk about Keithley, especially Keithley's cal stuff.. and the group has a fairly large membership. (Seems a substantial number of the members are interested in Keithley stuff?)
Anyway... that would be a good group to be in to bring up the idea of separate Keithley group?... it seems?