Topics

INTERNATIONAL PAYMENT INSTRUCTIONS for Peter Keller's CRT Book

I JUST SPOKE TO PETER KELLER WHO IS THRILLED YOU WANT HIS BOOK!
These are the payment instructions for all of the INTERNATIONAL
Orders for Peter Keller's book that I have received as of
NOV 22, 2020 20:00 (UTC -08:00) I have your order if your
country and initials are on the list at the end of this message.
It is not possible to combine orders due to weight restrictions.
Please contact me with new directions for your order if we were
going to combine orders to save on postage.

INTERNATIONAL POSTAGE FEES
Unfortunately there is no way to reduce the cost of postage to
other countries due to a 4lb (1.814kg) flat rate weight limit.
Peter's book is too heavy for two of them to be sent in one
Priority Flat Rate International envelope. The most inexpensive
way to send Peter's book to you is one per envelope. Combining
orders is no longer practical so I need you to tell me how to
change your order now that I know this is not an option.
*** POSTAGE TO ANYWHERE EXCEPT CANADA IS $37.00 for one copy of
Peter's book in a Priority Flat Rate International envelope.
The actual postage varies between $34 and $39 depending on your
country but it will be easiest on me if everyone sends me $37.00
(except Canadians) for postage because it will average $37.00.
*** POSTAGE TO CANADA IS $28.00 (they are our neighbor) for
Peter's book in a Priority Flat Rate International envelope.

---------|---------|---------|---------|---------|---------|----
TOTAL COST AND PAYMENT BY PAYPAL
*** The total amount per book going to CANADA is $63.00 ($30 for
Peter's book, $28 for postage, and $5 for supplies and my time).

*** The total amount per book going ANYWHERE WORLDWIDE (except
the US and Canada) is $72.00 ($30 for Peter's book, $37 for
postage, and $5 for supplies and my time).

PayPal is the only way to pay Peter and me if your book is not
going to a US address. Your PayPal payment should be sent to:
MarianT@YouthEastsideServices.org.
In case Groups.io obscures this address, here it is spelled out:
mariant at youtheastsideservices dot org.

In the PayPal NOTE field include the name you used in your
email to me when you ordered Peter's book so I can match your
payment to your order.

A conversion rate and fee is charged by PayPal for international
currency payments. PayPal charges both of us fees so (1) Be sure
to choose "Friends and Family" or "Gift" to minimize the PayPal
fees; (2) Specify that you will pay the recipient's fee so I
receive all of the money I need to mail your book; and (3) Make
your payment in US dollars. NOTE: There are on-line sites that
calculate the PayPal fees so you know what they should be.

I must receive your PayPal payment by Tuesday DEC 1, 2020.

---------|---------|---------|---------|---------|---------|----
DO NOT send me an email asking if I received your payment.
On DEC 2 I will post a list of the payments I have received.
IF YOU ARE NOT ON THAT LIST then send an email with a screen
snapshot of your payment that includes your Transaction Number
and the email address the payment went to. Send this to me at:
dennis at ridesoft dot com.
---------|---------|---------|---------|---------|---------|----

For privacy reasons this list, sorted by country, only shows
the initials of the members who ordered a copy of Peter's book:

EP, AUSTRALIA
RL, AUSTRALIA
VK, BULGARIA
AG, CANADA
BP, CANADA
DG, CANADA
SA, CANADA
SM, CANADA
SJ, FRANCE
CB, GERMANY
HB, GERMANY
JW, GERMANY
AV, ITALY
DG, ITALY
MG, ITALY
JC, JAPAN
TK, NORWAY
GL, SINGAPORE
LP, THE NETHERLANDS
RD, THE NETHERLANDS
AA, UNITED KINGDOM
CH, UNITED KINGDOM
JW, UNITED KINGDOM
PS, UNITED KINGDOM
RA, UNITED KINGDOM

Siggi

PayPal really doesn't make it easy to go through this, presumably because
they don't like exposing their fees to end users.
For me the choices were "Sending to a friend", vs "Paying for an item or
service.", and with the former choice the fees landed on me. The PayPal fee
is pretty extortionate. It works out to about 7% of the total amount for
this transaction, so it's important for the sender to eat the fee - we
don't want it landing on Denis.

Even with the fees, this is still a great deal for a great book that's
otherwise unavailable. Many thanks to Denis for organizing this.