Topics

I promised myself I wouldn't....

Dave Seiter

You have to draw the line somewhere, and in my case it was: no portables (other than my T912, which was my second scope). But I was at an estate sale on Friday, and there was a very nice 465 with cover, probes, manual, pouch, etc. I just couldn't say no, especially when I added a TM504, TM503, DM502A, AM502, some oddballs: DP100, SA501 and 067-1039-00, a box of misc probes and unrelated goodies, some manuals, a servo actuated 3PH powerstat and got an excellent price for the whole pile. The guy had been an imaging engineer, and had apparently worked on a lot of movies with Coppola, Lucas and others. There were tons of analog video equipment that will go to the recycler. I almost left the pattern generator, but it looked brand new; maybe there's still a use for it somewhere.

The 465 needs a cal, but everything seems to work except for ALT/CHOP, which has issues.

I promise, this is my last portable, really!

-Dave

David Berlind

LOL. Just keep telling yourself, or your wife, that.