Topics

I have 2445B cover and would also like some advice

Lawrance A. Schneider

I have a 2445b face cover.

I do not want to start a bidding war; equally, I do not want to pay whatever shipping. Within the group, is there a standard way of handling such? My thought is the first to have asked for a cover should be the one to get it; however, I am unwilling to do any research of old posts to determine as to whom ‘asked first’. Note, the cover does not fit the 2465! There are tabs on the cover that lock it to the system and they make it so that the cover does not fit the 2465 properly. It does fit the 2445B.

-------------

I’m new to this group and in the future, I foresee asking questions about my 2445B and 2465. Both are working, but I wonder if I should work on the CAPS as many seem to have problems with same. Further, the reason I obtained the 2445B was ‘we can’t calibrate it”. So far, it seems to be in calibration but I have not tested it very much. The 2465 was filthy!!!! It did not work. I blew it out and found a loose solder joint. It now works and again, seems to be in calibration. I want to take off the front face, but that would entail removing all the nobs. Having read about ‘missing’ nobs, I am not sure I want to pull all of them off. BUT THE FILTH is find offensive.

Further, I want to build a proper ‘Bench Supply’ with current and voltage monitors. You know, just like the multi-hundred ones that HP, Rigol (DP832), Tektronix et.al. sell. I’m retired (75) and on a limited budget. I want to do it with an old Mac power supply as the ‘original’ voltage/current source. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Lastly, I’m a terrible typest! My spelling checker has a lot of fun with my errors. If you find something that makes no sense. it is probably poor typing being ‘fixed’ by the spell checker.

larry

On Jul 15, 2019, at 8:16 PM, Tom Gardner <tggzzz@...> wrote:

On 15/07/19 22:19, Mlynch001 wrote:
Brian,

Trust me, I have toyed with the idea of printing a front cover for my 465B and 475A. I just cannot push myself to pay $75-100 for an original front cover which I will hardly ever use. If I get up the nerve to try it, I will post on this forum with the results.
If I wanted a cover to protect the controls, then I would make one out of ply using a laser cutter.

It would not look the same, but would be functional.

Ken Eckert

If you search the net for PC ATX bench supply you have something pop up,
I've read a couple of them...