[HP-Agilent-Keysight-equipment] OT: Looking for a Pentium M765 (or maybe M780 - not sure it that will work)

This might be a dumb question, but why not get a different motherboard?

On Thu, Jul 15, 2021 at 6:46 PM David C. Partridge
<david.partridge@perdrix.co.uk> wrote:

I have a scope (not Tektronix or HP/K/A) that uses the BCM MX855 mobo with a
1.3 Celeron.

I'd like to give a late life performance boost and an told a Pentium M765
will do the job and maybe even an M780 (though that may depend on BIOS
levels).

Can anyone help? If you also have stick on PC2700/PC3200 1GB Ram that would
be great too!

Thanks
David

Not a dumb question, but changing the mobo in a Waverunner Xi is apparently somewhat of a challenge.

It also needs to work with XP embedded.

David

This might be a dumb question, but why not get a different motherboard?

This might help you

http://www.sensoray.com/products/623.htm

it's much easier to find PCI motherboards than PC/104+ ones.

On Fri, Jul 16, 2021 at 6:18 AM David C. Partridge
<david.partridge@perdrix.co.uk> wrote:

Not a dumb question, but changing the mobo in a Waverunner Xi is apparently somewhat of a challenge.

It also needs to work with XP embedded.

David
This might be a dumb question, but why not get a different motherboard?

Problem this scope *needs* the PCI/104 ...