Topics

Help needed 7633 horizontal board wanted

Randy Newman

Hi everyone. I’ve got a 7633 which I purchased having a red surplus tag on it stating “short trace”. Knowing the reduced scan mode, I suspected that someone had tested it in that mode and surplussed it (from a large industrial company near me). Sadly, I was most incorrect. I was later able to diagnose the issue as an open circuit resistor, with companion Toasted PWB Markings. This worked from some time, but failed to show any trace the last time I turned it on.

That was before I had read all the dreaded Tantalum stories......
Anyway, I’d be interested if anyone had a spare 7633 horizontal board they’d want.

There had been one on a previous topic string, but it appears to be lost to time.

Eric

Are the 7603 the same boards? If so I have a 7603 parts unit. It will scan
but it shows all 9s on all readout locations.

On Thu, Oct 8, 2020, 1:49 AM Randy Newman <randy.n.at.home@...> wrote:

Hi everyone. I’ve got a 7633 which I purchased having a red surplus tag on
it stating “short trace”. Knowing the reduced scan mode, I suspected that
someone had tested it in that mode and surplussed it (from a large
industrial company near me). Sadly, I was most incorrect. I was later able
to diagnose the issue as an open circuit resistor, with companion Toasted
PWB Markings. This worked from some time, but failed to show any trace the
last time I turned it on.

That was before I had read all the dreaded Tantalum stories......
Anyway, I’d be interested if anyone had a spare 7633 horizontal board
they’d want.

There had been one on a previous topic string, but it appears to be lost
to time.

Mark Litwack

Hi Randy,

I have a 7633 and the CRT is shot. It's very dim but otherwise everything works. It's been sitting around for years because I wanted the backplane and power supply for a project that I never got around to.

If you want to send me a pre-paid label for a USPS flat rate box, you are welcome to the horizontal board and any other board(s) or parts that will fit in the box.

If interested please email me directly and we can work out the details.

After Randy is done with first dibs, anyone else is also welcome to any 7633 parts they want. Please email me.

Thanks,

-mark