Hardest part to get to? (2230 AC-Gnd-DC Lever Arm)

alastair.knights@...

So I need to replace a broken AC-Gnd-DC lever arm on my 2230. I have the replacement, now all I need to do is...

- Remove the Support Chassis
- Remove the CRT
- Remove the Vertical Attenuator and Logic assembly
- Remove the Sweep Reference assembly
- Remove the bottom shield
- Remove knobs, pausing to deal with any turned over grub screws!
- Separate the front panel board from the front panel
- Split the main chassis in half and remove the front half complete with the front panel
- Remove the secondary front panel plate that retains the AC-Gnd-DC lever arm
- Remove the Storage Circuit Board as there's not a lot left to support it in its 'raised position'

Just wondering if this is typical for Tek scopes, or can you think of any even more complex dismantling sequences to access the inaccessible?

Alastair Knights

Bert Haskins

On 4/15/2021 7:27 AM, alastair.knights@gmail.com wrote:
[...]

I would nominate the 335 horizontal sweep board.

The manual is certainly no help.

I have done both and would pick the 2230 any time.

 Bert

alastair.knights@...

Sounds like I'm better off with my 2230 and I'm glad to hear that I'm not venturing into unchartered territory.

That said, I still think I'm looking at a full day to label and dismantle the scope, replace the part, re-assemble and get it working again. Hopefully I'll get it right first time and not have to repeat the process!

Alastair