From: TekScopes@groups.io [mailto:TekScopes@groups.io] On Behalf Of n4buq
Sent: 26 January 2020 19:07
To: TekScopes@groups.io
Subject: [TekScopes] Guernsey Island 2445

My 2445 was made in Guernsey Island. In the manual I have, I notice there are references to certain serial numbers for certain parts, etc., and that that made me wonder if/how those would apply to the Guernsey model numbers. I presume there was not a separate manual for those models, correct, and, if not, I wonder which serial numbers might apply?

Thanks,
Barry - N4BUQ

Chuck Harris

I am pretty sure that the last 5 digits between Guernsey
and Beaverton units are not unique, but rather, are sync'd
to each other so the change orders apply.

In other words, you can have a B012345 and an 8012345 scope,
and each will use the revisions specific to B012345.

They were in communication with each other.

-Chuck Harris

n4buq wrote:

My 2445 was made in Guernsey Island. In the manual I have, I notice there are references to certain serial numbers for certain parts, etc., and that that made me wonder if/how those would apply to the Guernsey model numbers. I presume there was not a separate manual for those models, correct, and, if not, I wonder which serial numbers might apply?

Thanks,
Barry - N4BUQ

n4buq

Did all the Guernsey serial numbers begin with 8? Mine has a six-digit serial number that begins with 1.

Thanks,
Barry - N4BUQ

n4buq wrote:
My 2445 was made in Guernsey Island. In the manual I have, I notice there
are references to certain serial numbers for certain parts, etc., and that
that made me wonder if/how those would apply to the Guernsey model
numbers. I presume there was not a separate manual for those models,
correct, and, if not, I wonder which serial numbers might apply?

Thanks,
Barry - N4BUQ

cmjones01

On Sun, Jan 26, 2020 at 8:51 PM n4buq <n4buq@...> wrote:

Did all the Guernsey serial numbers begin with 8? Mine has a six-digit serial number that begins with 1.
Most of my Tek equipment was built in Guernsey, and it all has serial
numbers starting with 1. My 535A is right in front of me, serial
number 101936, and my 7904A (built in Guernsey even though I bought it
in the USA) is (I think) 100084.

Chris

n4buq

Okay. Apparently I inferred too much from the example.

Thanks,
Barry - N4BUQ