Topics

Grabber Slip-On -- P6105 Probe

Is there any source for the slip-on "grabbers" for the P6105 probe. These are Tek P/N 013-0107-0. I seem to have lost one. This will teach me not to keep a trash bucket under the scope on the scope-mobile. I would not minding finding an extra, too, just in case.

Bruce, KG6OJI

If we're talking about the "witches' hats" then they seem pretty commonplace on eBay (in packs of 5 or 6 even). The issue I have is that the witches' hats for the miniature modular probes (e.g. P6120/P6121/P6122), while they look the same, seem to be different internally, so the ones that work for the P6105 (or the P6075/A) won't work on the "miniature" probes.

Here is a listing on eBay for a set of five witches' hats, it even mentions the P6105: https://www.ebay.com/itm/5-New-Probe-Hook-Gray-for-Tektronix-Probes-P6139A-P6138A-P6109-P6105-Etc/183265759558

The miniature probes also use a different ground clip (PN 195-0950-00) with a shrouded, cylindrical connector that is nearly impossible to find.

Mlynch001

Be careful of those Chinese made witches hats. They do not always work on the 6105/6106 probes that they are supposed to fit. I had one probe that did not work with them, but worked with a genuine Tektronix item. Strange as they looked identical. Just sayin.

--
Michael Lynch
Dardanelle, AR

Joseph Orgnero

Try Sphere Electronics Research from BC.. they have them.
Jose Orgnero VE7LBI