Topics

Further of my Tek 2465A S/N B019121

Lawrence Joy

To Brad, AA1IP,
I did not use your aluminum foil over the tip of my Torx T-10 suggestion. I asked on my local 2 m net and it was suggested to use an Allen (hex key) wrench. I used a 7/64" size Allen wrench, and a pair of pliers, and was able to get that last screw out. I checked one of the "good" screws and the 7/64" size would not fit, so that particular bad boy screw was deformed.

To everyone,
Now that I have the A2A1--Regulator CCA and the A3--Inverter CCA separated I need to do one more removal. How do you get the black plastic cover off the black plastic bottom that contains the A3C1021 and A3C1022, 290 µF 200 V DC capacitors? The parts layout drawing of the A3 CCA of Figure 10-13 does not show this. The top is loose and I tried a flat blade screwdriver around the sides I could get to but I didn't want to break anything, or is that what I have to do?
Tnx, WN8P, Larry

tom jobe

Look at the center of the black plastic cover, there is plastic prong made right in the cover that sticks straight down with a little barb on the end of it.
You push the prong to the side just a little and the cover comes off.
Those two large capacitors are rarely a problem, and most folks would have you leave them alone if the ESR checks out okay.
tom jobe...