Topics

front protective cover for 2455b with dmm

Scott Adams

I have a tek 2455b with option 01 dmm and was wondering if there is a front protective cover for this scope.

Scott,

these do exist, but they are exceedingly rare. I have been searching for one for the past few months, and have only seen them sold along with the scope, and then only a couple of times.

I have a 2465 (no A, no B) with the DMM option, and I am currently using a chunk of closed-cell packing foam, with holes carved out for the knobs, in place of a front cover, so that the scope can be stood on its face in order to remove the case. I would like to try having the corners of a cover 3D printed, and then glue them together with larger panels of plastic to make a better-looking, and more durable DIY cover, but that project is far down on the list.

-- Jeff Dutky

Dave Daniel

I consider covers, or at least large plastic bags, to be essential to keep dust off of my ‘scopes. I rotate through my ‘scopes, mostly to make sure that they all keep functioning, which means that most of them sit for periods of time before they rotate back to the bench.

There is a member of this forum from whom I purchased a cover for my 2465BDV a long while back. The price was rather high (but not as high as that of a 485 cover that I had previously purchased), but I considered it to be essential.

If that member has a cover for your ‘scope, perhaps he will contact you directly (hint, hint).

DaveD