Topics

Front cover for 2225 ?

David Slipper

I am looking for a front "clip-on" cover for a Tek2225 but they seem as rare as hens teeth - but it occurred to me that a cover from another scope in the 22xx range may fit.

Can anyone suggest a likely range ??

Before some kind soul offers me one it would need to be in the UK or Europe otherwise the shipping costs become prohibitive :-(

Best regards,
Dave

tekscopegroup@...

There is a seller on ebay that has several 22xx covers at a reasonable price of ~ $30 each, and even sensible shipping that to me in FL shows up as $5.

He specifically states that "it will fit a 2213, and a 2225".

324227818105

David Slipper

The cover at $30 is nice but sadly, the shipping to the UK is $65 !!  Way out of my league :-(

My brother claims to be a whizz with a router and claims he can make one out of marine ply.
I've seen his work, and while it will be pretty I suspect it will double the weight of the scope!! ;-)

I've set an Ebay search looking for somat in the UK/EU for the 2213 and 2225 - I may get lucky.

Thanks,
Dave

On 23/09/2020 22:14, tekscopegroup@... wrote:
There is a seller on ebay that has several 22xx covers at a reasonable price of ~ $30 each, and even sensible shipping that to me in FL shows up as $5.

He specifically states that "it will fit a 2213, and a 2225".

324227818105

.

dabono@...

According to the 2225 manual, the Tektronix part number for the front cover is 200-3397-00. Other 2xxx scopes that share the same front cover include:
2201
2205
2211
2212
2216

There may be others, but hopefully that gives you some more options.

tekscopegroup@...

I just found that have among my notes that the front cover PN 200-2520-00 fits All 22xx models.
Was trying to verify this by looking up this number in the 2213A SM, but could not find where they list the optional accessories, on page 1-1 it only says "to refer to the Accessories page at the back of this manual", no page number given. I have manual 070-4733-00 purchased ages ago from Artek 1984, Last Rev 1988.

If you look up this PN on ebay there are several covers that look correct, but are either too expensive or shipping is too high.

My target was/still is finding a cover for my 2213A, but its very low priority for now,
unless a very must buy crazy good deal comes along.

On Thu, Sep 24, 2020 at 05:47 PM, <tekscopegroup@...> wrote:

I just found that have among my notes that the front cover PN 200-2520-00 fits
All 22xx models.
I mostly agree: I think that the same front cover fits all 2200 models, except the 224X and 2252 models.

Raymond

David Slipper

Thanks for the info :-)

It's a low priority "nice to have" for me too.

Regards,
Dave

On Thu, Sep 24, 2020 at 08:51 AM, Raymond Domp Frank wrote:

On Thu, Sep 24, 2020 at 05:47 PM, <tekscopegroup@...> wrote:
I just found that have among my notes that the front cover PN 200-2520-00
fits All 22xx models.
I mostly agree: I think that the same front cover fits all 2200 models, except
the 224X and 2252 models.

Raymond
I also have a 2247A and I can can confirm that front covers are completely different from other 22xx series ones, as would be the one for the 2252 which uses the same as the 2247A. No stamped PN anywhere on that one that I could find.

On Fri, Sep 25, 2020 at 05:31 PM, <tekscopegroup@...> wrote:

I also have a 2247A and I can can confirm that front covers are completely
different from other 22xx series ones, as would be the one for the 2252 which
uses the same as the 2247A. No stamped PN anywhere on that one that I could
find.
P/N 200-3232-00

Raymond

steve.e.evans01@...

Hi all,
I have been down this route. The 200-3397-00 is the only front cover that fully fits the 2225. Others have the same external dimensions but because the 2225 has fixed front feet, it is necessary to cut two slots in the bottom to accomodate them.
Hope this helps.
I also am in the UK and would like a 200-3397-00 if I could find one.
Regards
Steve