Extraneous question marks

Dave Wise

?Does anyone know a fix for the question marks that keep being randomly inserted in my posts? <--- That one is intentional :)

Dave Wise

Safari under MacOS

John Ferguson

i had this problem.  I cannot remember which way to switch the "text" mode in my mail program but it should be either text of html.  you'll have to experiment.

On 2/22/21 2:43 PM, Dave Wise wrote:
?Does anyone know a fix for the question marks that keep being randomly inserted in my posts? <--- That one is intentional :)

Dave Wise

Safari under MacOS

Dave Wise

I forgot to say I'm using Outlook Web App.?

I changed Settings|Options|Settings|Message Format from HTML to Plain Text. Let's see if it helped.

Dave Wise

Sent: Monday, February 22, 2021 12:29 PM
To: TekScopes@groups.io
Subject: Re: [TekScopes] Extraneous question marks

i had this problem. I cannot remember which way to switch the "text"
mode in my mail program but it should be either text of html. you'll
have to experiment.

On 2/22/21 2:43 PM, Dave Wise wrote:

Dave Wise

Safari under MacOS

greenboxmaven

This happens to me sometimes.�� The question marks or other bits of gibberish are spaces.� I don't know why it happens, and even less how to stop it.

���� Bruce Gentry, KA2IVY

On 2/22/21 14:43, Dave Wise wrote:

Dave Wise

Safari under MacOS

Vince Vielhaber

If that was a copy/paste, those characters are all above ASC 127 so many character sets won't give you what was intended by the sender.

Vince.

On 02/22/2021 05:33 PM, greenboxmaven via groups.io wrote:
This happens to me sometimes.�� The question marks or other bits of
gibberish are spaces.� I don't know why it happens, and even less how
to stop it.

?Does anyone know a fix for the question marks that keep being
randomly inserted in my posts? <--- That one is intentional :)

Dave Wise

Safari under MacOS

Renée

looks like possible alternate (language) keyboard...but I did not notice the extras
Renée

On 2/22/21 2:33 PM, greenboxmaven via groups.io wrote:
This happens to me sometimes.�� The question marks or other bits of gibberish are spaces.� I don't know why it happens, and even less how to stop it.

?Does anyone know a fix for the question marks that keep being randomly inserted in my posts?  <--- That one is intentional :)

Dave Wise

Safari under MacOS