Topics

Extenders

Gary Robert Bosworth

Does anyone know if a 7400 series scope extender will work in the 7500 series scopes? Someone should fabricate extenders on a mass production basis. So many people need them and there are so few around.

John Griessen

On 05/20/2017 10:53 AM, @grbosworth [TekScopes] wrote:
Does anyone know if a 7400 series scope extender will work in the 7500 series scopes? Someone should fabricate extenders on a mass
production basis. So many people need them and there are so few around.
Those model numbers are only some of the oldest lowest performing 7000 series scopes. I find 7403N, 7504, 7514 and that is it.

Is that what you meant? Is there a model number on the "7400 series scope extender" you have?

If you don't have an extender yet, I have 7k extender kits for sale for $43: http://ecosensory.com/tek/tek_7K_flex_sales_blurb.txt
They require soldering wires to lands on pcbs, and adding strain relief.

Gary Robert Bosworth

John: I need an extender for a 7514 Tek storage scope. The plug-ins
(7A16, 7B50, 7B51) all have a male type card edge connector with plastic
housing on both sides. I have been afraid to use a simple extender that
was not made specifically for these plug-ins. Do you have an extender for
use in this type of oscilloscope? Please reply. I look forward to
purchasing an extender from you. I need to calibrate my plug-ins, and I
cannot do it while they are inside the scope mainframe.

Gary
@grbosworth

On Sat, May 20, 2017 at 9:38 AM, John Griessen @jgriessen
[TekScopes] <TekScopes@...> wrote:

On 05/20/2017 10:53 AM, @grbosworth [TekScopes] wrote:
Does anyone know if a 7400 series scope extender will work in the 7500
series scopes? Someone should fabricate extenders on a mass
production basis. So many people need them and there are so few around.
Those model numbers are only some of the oldest lowest performing 7000
series scopes. I find 7403N, 7504, 7514 and that is it.

Is that what you meant? Is there a model number on the "7400 series scope
extender" you have?

If you don't have an extender yet, I have 7k extender kits for sale for
$43: http://ecosensory.com/tek/tek_7K_flex_sales_blurb.txt
They require soldering wires to lands on pcbs, and adding strain relief.

------------------------------------

------------------------------------

------------------------------------

Yahoo Groups Links

--
Gary Robert Bosworth
@grbosworth

Any 7000 extender will work; they all use the same signals and
mechanical arrangement.

In installed my extender into the chassis from a dead vertical
amplifier so it plugs in like any other plug-in and has the same gray
plastic housing surrounding the connector.

On Sat, 20 May 2017 10:20:18 -0700, you wrote:

John: I need an extender for a 7514 Tek storage scope. The plug-ins
(7A16, 7B50, 7B51) all have a male type card edge connector with plastic
housing on both sides. I have been afraid to use a simple extender that
was not made specifically for these plug-ins. Do you have an extender for
use in this type of oscilloscope? Please reply. I look forward to
purchasing an extender from you. I need to calibrate my plug-ins, and I
cannot do it while they are inside the scope mainframe.

Gary
@grbosworth

Jerry Massengale <jmassen418@...>

Hi,

I found that basic extenders were difficult to use as the connector design
tended to allow the extender connector to work loose as you moved the DUT
around to work on it. This led me to use scrap plugins to take advantage of
the latch that keeps the connection solid. I added test points for
important signals and power. I then added a minimum load for power supply
work. The plugin mule and other parts came to about $70 bucks. It took me
about 3 days to build as I had to fab the front panels and load assemblies
by hand. It took another day to wire it and test it. I rarely got more than
$200 for it and often took weeks to sell on ebay. Most of them went to
Germany as Americans were too damn cheap to bid.

Not worth the time and effort.

jerry

On Sat, May 20, 2017 at 10:53 AM, @grbosworth [TekScopes] <
TekScopes@...> wrote:

Does anyone know if a 7400 series scope extender will work in the 7500
series scopes? Someone should fabricate extenders on a mass production
basis. So many people need them and there are so few around.

John,

I am interested to buy two extender kits, if you still have them. If so, how could I order?

Merry Xmas,
Peter Richter