From: TekScopes@groups.io [mailto:TekScopes@groups.io] On Behalf Of snapdiode via groups.io
Sent: Friday, May 28, 2021 11:50 AM
To: TekScopes@groups.io
Subject: [TekScopes] EP 53 500 series Extension

Does anyone have documentation for this? It's a simple wired-through extender, with no coax cables.
It's also a lighter casing, just bent sheet metal with two screws holding the halves together.

Tim Phillips

From the 1960 catalog:

013-019 six-inch extension

030-015 3 1/4 inch extension

013-005 Gain Set adaptor, Short extension with a banana jack socket on top
to access the mainframe vertical amp.
This may have become the EP-53.
All just metal clamshell pairs held together by one or two screws. HTH

Tim

On Sat, 29 May 2021 at 17:20, Dave Wise <david_wise@phoenix.com> wrote:

I’ve seen an EP-53 Gain Set Adaptor. It is short and has a pot on the
side. It’s used along with a calibrated signal source to set mainframe
vertical gain. It was superseded by TU-7<
https://w140.com/tekwiki/wiki/TU-7>/1M1/067-0521-00<
https://w140.com/tekwiki/wiki/067-0521-00> .

There is also a plain rigid extender. I think you are thinking of that.
I don’t know the part number, mine is unmarked or worn off.
It spaces the plugin almost out of the mainframe, giving access to most
trims.
There is also a flexible extender, which is longer and good for
full-access troubleshooting at low frequency.

Dave Wise

Does anyone have documentation for this? It's a simple wired-through
extender, with no coax cables.
It's also a lighter casing, just bent sheet metal with two screws holding
the halves together.

Dave Daniel

My 6" rigid extenders for 1-series plug-ins that fit my 547 are marked with part number 013-0055-00.

DaveD

From the 1960 catalog: