From: TekScopes@groups.io <TekScopes@groups.io> on behalf of Jack Ohme via Groups.Io <machinamancerjack=gmail.com@groups.io>
Sent: Tuesday, January 21, 2020 3:38 PM
To: TekScopes@groups.io
Subject: [TekScopes] Early Tek EDA software?

What did Tek use for EDA on their early stuff? I've seen boards on some
scopes that definitely look like they were made digitally, but of course
there isn't much info on early EDA anywhere online since it was all
custom-made...

Tom Gardner

That would be Racal Redac, now Zuken.

ISTR seeing other people draw PCB layouts on HP terminals that looked very similar to VT100s, but with a graphics mode.

https://ia802902.us.archive.org/18/items/bitsavers_racalRedacchure1982_10256994/Racal_Redac_CAD_CAM_brochure_1982.pdf

On 22/01/20 00:05, Dave Wise wrote:
In my world (1980s-1990s Information Display Division), I remember hearing "Redac" a lot. Also the 4081 running homegrown PCB layout software.

Dave Wise
What did Tek use for EDA on their early stuff? I've seen boards on some
scopes that definitely look like they were made digitally, but of course
there isn't much info on early EDA anywhere online since it was all
custom-made...

John Griessen

On 1/21/20 5:38 PM, Jack Ohme wrote:
What did Tek use for EDA on their early stuff?
They used graphic layout tape. Probably on mylar, but maybe on vellum. Vollum on vellum.