Topics

DS1742W-120 replacement adapter?

Tom B

Hello All,

Given that the Dallas DS1742W-120 is no longer available (excluding Chinese fakes), does anyone make an adapter board to use a more modern chip like the DS1744?

I noticed that Glitch Works makes a board for the DS1244.

See https://www.glitchwrks.com/2018/03/17/gw-1244-1

Tom Bryan
N3AJA

Given that the Dallas DS1742W-120 is no longer available (excluding Chinese fakes), does anyone make an adapter board to use a more modern chip like the DS1744?
Yes.
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/repair/tds3014-adventures-(seeking-75-75mhz-oscillator)/msg2766224/#msg2766224

Tom B

Thank you.  That looks like a perfect solution.  I really like the idea of being able to change the battery.

Is anybody selling these boards?

Tom

On 2/16/2020 5:23 AM, Jay Walling via Groups.Io wrote:
Given that the Dallas DS1742W-120 is no longer available (excluding Chinese fakes), does anyone make an adapter board to use a more modern chip like the DS1744?
Yes.
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.eevblog.com/forum/repair/tds3014-adventures-(seeking-75-75mhz-oscillator)/msg2766224/*msg2766224__;Iw!!KfGNmQmE!yGkfz7RRa63jEAJiomejYByJDC2uQCzVhb8FbMtFsaBNYgGxG6fKsPUx_m1q$

joeschm@...

I would also be interested in a couple of these adapters. I looked over the files at the link but don't have the appropriate apps to open them.

Tom B

I found this to look at Gerber files online .  I have not tried it.

https://www.gerber-viewer.com/

Tom Bryan

On 2/19/2020 7:13 PM, joeschm@... wrote:
I would also be interested in a couple of these adapters. I looked over the files at the link but don't have the appropriate apps to open them.

victor.silva

Has anyone had a build of these made up and ten or so that they wish to sell?

If not, is anyone interested in going in on a group buy (of unpopulated boards)?

Thanks,
Victor

Ken Eckert

The boards are extremely cheap from JLCPCB, online quote.

On Thu, Feb 20, 2020 at 10:54 AM victor.silva via Groups.Io <daejon1=
yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Has anyone had a build of these made up and ten or so that they wish to
sell?

If not, is anyone interested in going in on a group buy (of unpopulated
boards)?

Thanks,
Victor

Tom B

Hi Victor,

I would be interested in a few bare boards.

Tom Bryan
N3AJA

On 2/20/2020 1:54 PM, victor.silva via Groups.Io wrote:
Has anyone had a build of these made up and ten or so that they wish to sell?

If not, is anyone interested in going in on a group buy (of unpopulated boards)?

Thanks,
Victor

victor.silva

On Thu, Feb 20, 2020 at 11:49 AM, Ken Eckert wrote:

JLCPCB
I like the Glitchworks option better. I seems to fit in the same footprint as the original DS1742W.
The board in the EEVBLOG link above is much bigger and requires an area next to the DS1742W to be free.

I will contact Glitchworks to see if they can make a DS1742W replacement.

--Victor

victor.silva

BTW, I downloaded KiCAD 5.1.5-3 and was able to completely browse the design files from the EEVBlog converter.
Very nice for the price (free).

--Victor

amirb

Does anybody know at which addresses the number of power cycles and hours of operation (in TDS3000B series) are stored in the DS1742W NVRAM?
and what is the format?
I remember I saw that information somewhere a while back but I cannot locate it