Topics

DOMESTIC {AYMENT INSTRUCTIONS for Peter Keller's CRT Book

I JUST SPOKE TO PETER KELLER WHO IS THRILLED YOU WANT HIS BOOK!
These are the payment instructions for all of the DOMESTIC (US)
orders I have received as of 11/22/2020, 20:00 (PST). I have
your order if your zip code and initials are on the list at the
end of this message. If you are in the US and you are NOT on
this list, send your COMPLETE NAME and ADDRESS to me OFF-LIST at
dennis at ridesoft dot com IMMEDIATELY. If your initials and Zip
Code are on this list I have your order so do not email me.

---------|---------|---------|---------|---------|---------|----
INTERNATIONAL ORDERS are more complex. Payment instructions for
those orders will be covered in the next message. International
Postal rates will be included in that message.
---------|---------|---------|---------|---------|---------|----

DOMESTIC UNITED STATES PAYMENT INSTRUCTIONS
The total amount is $37.00 per book. ($30 for Peter's book,
$4 for media rate postage, $3 for mailing supplies and my time).
---------|---------|---------|---------|---------|---------|----
PAYPAL IS PREFERRED. Your PayPal payment should be sent to:
MarianT@YouthEastsideServices.org.
In case Groups.io obscures this address, here it is spelled out:
mariant at youtheastsideservices dot org.
* In the PayPal NOTE field include the name you used in your
email to me when you ordered Peter's book so I can match your
payment to your order. Be sure to choose "Friends and Family"
or "Gift" so no PayPal fees are taken out of your $37 payment.
I must receive your PayPal payment by Monday 11/30/2020.
---------|---------|---------|---------|---------|---------|----
CHECKS AND MONEY ORDERS should be payable to DENNIS TILLMAN
Mail them to me at 13808 NE 26th Place, Bellevue, WA 98005.
On the check or MO include the name you used in your email to me
when you ordered Peter's book so I can match your payment to
your order. Your $37 check/MO must arrive by Tuesday 12/1/2020.
---------|---------|---------|---------|---------|---------|----
DO NOT send me an email asking if I received your payment.
On DEC 2 I will post a list of the payments I have received.
IF YOU ARE NOT ON THAT LIST send me an email with a photo or
screen snapshot of either (1) your PayPal payment information
that includes your Transaction Number and the email address
the payment went to; (2) the date your check was mailed and the
check number; or (3) the Money Order Serial Number, the name
of the company that issued the MO, and the date it was mailed.
---------|---------|---------|---------|---------|---------|----

For privacy reasons this list, sorted by Zip Codes, only shows
the initials of the members ordering a copy of Peter's book:

01460, HV
01510, PE
01742, SB
04605, LS
06057, EO
06851, LK
07023, MD
11375, WB
11507, LL
13211, BG
13635, BL
14094, SW
14131, CD
15068, MSS
18944, CA (NO CHARGE FOR THE BOOK)
19010, SH
20169, CL
20613, TK
20872, CH (TWO COPIES )
20901, JD
22406, FD
23236, MV
27932, RB
29445, GL
30064, MM
32707, SB
32754, DD
32765, JR (TWO COPIES)
45014, ES
45066, LS
45801, TL
48206, CW
48371, VV
48843, JR
59405, GM
66062, JF
67212, CC
78746, MA
78962, ML
80015, CD
80023, PB
80234, JM
87107, JG
87124, CM
87544, BD
89511, MM
91602, BH
92109, SP
92806, LM
94301, BC
94550, JR
94602, RD
94941, BH
94947, JP
95320, TN (THREE COPIES)
95693, KS
97338, JG
97424, TP
98008, DM
98030, BL
98115, MH
98166, CN
99999, ANONYMOUS

Dave Daniel

Dennis,

PayPal has changed it's UI. It is no longer clear how one sends money to "friends and family".  I think my payment to Marian's address was to "friends and family", but I am not sure. Please let me know if a payment fee was incurred; if so, I will make another payment to cover it,

Dave

On 11/22/2020 11:14 PM, Dennis Tillman W7pF wrote:
[...]

Colin Herbert

When I use "Friends and Family" to send money from the UK to the US, the PayPal page tells me how much the recipient will get and how much I am having to pay. There is generally a surcharge on the payer and when I am paying in £UK and the recipient is getting $US, there is a favourable (to PayPal, not to me) conversion rate. If the field that informs you what the recipient is going to get is correct, I think you are OK, at least when sending money from the UK, anyway.
Colin.

[...]

greenboxmaven

I just sent payment out to you for the book. I never use friends and family PayPal, so I sent extra so you will get at least $37.00. Don't refund any excess. Thanks for your work in disseminating the book.

Bruce Gentry, KA2IVY

On 11/22/20 11:14 PM, Dennis Tillman W7pF wrote:
[...]

stevenhorii

Dennis,

I received a confirmation from PayPal that the amount sent was USD $37.00
and that there was no fee. I’m not sure what happened to “family and
friends” but it seems to have been replaced by this “trusted recipient”
thing.

Bottom line - it worked.

Steve Horii

<https://www.google.com/maps/search/13808+NE+26th+Place,+Bellevue,+WA+98005?entry=gmail&source=g>.

[...]

Vince Vielhaber

Are you using your fone or a desktop? When I sent it (desktop) there were two large boxes, one for F&F and one for Products. Middle of the screen, couldn't miss it.

Vince - K8ZW.

On 11/23/2020 03:02 AM, Dave Daniel wrote:
[...]

Hi Bruce,
Since you did not use "Friends and Family" PayPal will not release the money
to us since they assume (I'm guessing) you paid for "Goods and/or Services".
As a result they hold the money until you receive whatever they think you
bought from me.
Peter is only giving me as many books as I can pay him for. Since I don't
have your money (PayPal has it) you are stuck.
For suggestions about what you and others can do please read the first item
in the email I sent to TekScopes a few minutes ago. The subject of the email
is
INTERNATIONAL PAYMENT DETAILS for PAYPAL Payments EXTREMELY IMPORTANT

I can see I also need to send a version of this to anyone domestically who
also did not use "Friends and Family".

Dennis

[...]

On the check or MO include the name you used in your email to me when

--
Dennis Tillman W7pF
TekScopes Moderator

stevenhorii

I used my desktop. While I have a PayPal account, I do not have their
credit card or use their banking application and I don’t keep a balance in
the account.

I have noticed before that if I send money for a charitable donation,
usually to a “.org” PayPal sometimes automatically sends without a fee and
they also seem not to charge me a fee in these cases.

Usually, I do get the options to choose “gift”, “family & friends”, or
“products and services”, but I did not this time. Still, I got the
confirmation that the total amount was sent with no fee charged to me or
the recipient.

Steve Horii

On Mon, Nov 23, 2020 at 12:40 Vince Vielhaber <vev@michvhf.com> wrote:

[...]

K8ZW http://www.metalworkingfun.com http://www.hamradio.fun

Dennis,

I was also not offered a "Friends and Family" option when paying with PayPal (using the web interface).

What can I do to remedy this?

Larry McDavid

Were you trying to fund the transfer by credit card? That won't work. PayPal required me to use either funds on deposit at PayPal or debit my bank account in order to send to Friend and Family.

I'm trying to understand why some folks report they cannot send to Family and Friends. I've heard no announcement from PayPal that option is no longer available and I surely just found it available.

Larry

On 11/23/2020 1:23 PM, Jeff Dutky wrote:
Dennis,
I was also not offered a "Friends and Family" option when paying with PayPal (using the web interface).
What can I do to remedy this?
--
Best wishes,

Larry McDavid W6FUB

Jack Reynolds

Larry, Dennis and Jeff,

I also was not offered the Friends and Family option despite having a checking account linked to Pay Pal and two active credit cards in use in their system.  I had to use a  'Trusted Friend ' option which I used and took the money from the checking account to not have to pay fees.

Jack

On 11/23/2020 4:28 PM, Larry McDavid wrote:
Were you trying to fund the transfer by credit card? That won't work. PayPal required me to use either funds on deposit at PayPal or debit my bank account in order to send to Friend and Family.

I'm trying to understand why some folks report they cannot send to Family and Friends. I've heard no announcement from PayPal that option is no longer available and I surely just found it available.

Larry

On 11/23/2020 1:23 PM, Jeff Dutky wrote:
Dennis,

I was also not offered a "Friends and Family" option when paying with PayPal (using the web interface).

What can I do to remedy this?

Jack Reynolds

I forgot to mention that it was not until the end of the transaction that PayPal asked where I wanted the funds to come from.

Jack

On 11/23/2020 4:28 PM, Larry McDavid wrote:
Were you trying to fund the transfer by credit card? That won't work. PayPal required me to use either funds on deposit at PayPal or debit my bank account in order to send to Friend and Family.

I'm trying to understand why some folks report they cannot send to Family and Friends. I've heard no announcement from PayPal that option is no longer available and I surely just found it available.

Larry

On 11/23/2020 1:23 PM, Jeff Dutky wrote:
Dennis,

I was also not offered a "Friends and Family" option when paying with PayPal (using the web interface).

What can I do to remedy this?

John Griessen

On 11/23/20 3:50 PM, Jack Reynolds wrote:
I forgot to mention that it was not until the end of the transaction that PayPal asked where I wanted the funds to come from.
I observed that today also. Just be cautious to press buttons too quickly with paypal since they have been changing things lately, and always say no to words like product, service, yes to trust and you end up with a no fee transfer for domestic in USD from a bank acct.

Glenn Little

I received my book today in Goose Creek, SC.
Thank you very much for your time and efforts in making this happen.
It arrived in great shape.

73
Glenn
WB4UIV

[...]

Glenn Little ARRL Technical Specialist QCWA LM 28417
Amateur Callsign: WB4UIV wb4uiv@arrl.net AMSAT LM 2178
QTH: Goose Creek, SC USA (EM92xx) USSVI, FRA, NRA-LM ARRL TAPR
"It is not the class of license that the Amateur holds but the class
of the Amateur that holds the license"