Topics

Dennis Tillman

Colin Herbert

Does anyone have any idea if Dennis Tillman is still ok? I was having some conversation with him a little while ago, but he has gone quiet since I gave him another email address for me in a PM.He doesn't seem to have posted much over the last few days, which is a little unusual, especially since the topic of WD-40 has come up again....
Colin.

Dave Daniel

I have communicated very recently with Dennis. I did not sense that anything is wrong.

DaveD

On 11/7/2020 1:12 PM, Colin Herbert via groups.io wrote:
Does anyone have any idea if Dennis Tillman is still ok? I was having some conversation with him a little while ago, but he has gone quiet since I gave him another email address for me in a PM.He doesn't seem to have posted much over the last few days, which is a little unusual, especially since the topic of WD-40 has come up again....
Colin.

--
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus

Colin,
You simply REFUSE to believe what I have tried to tell you - It is virtually impossible to get email through to your domain. I am not alone. OTHERS have told me the same thing. This has been happening for the past several months at least.
In the past week I have sent you three emails. In every case the email has failed to reach you. My ISP tries to send my email to your domain almost 50 times over a 3 day period before giving up.
This is why I told you to get a free Gmail account (or Microsoft, or Yahoo, etc) if you want to continue. Until you fix this I can't help you any further if I can't reach you via email.
I don't have the time to spend fixing your email problem but I did a little investigating and your domain is on several SPAM blacklists. My email relay server (and many others as well) check the domain an email is going to and if they find that destination domain is on a SPAM blacklist they refuse to forward the email. That is probably what is happening so until your ISP cleans that up most email servers will have nothing to do with your domain.
I'm notified every time my email to you is blocked. I sent you 3 emails as I said. I received 48 notices that it didn't get to you for one reason or another before I get a final notice like this one below. That means I have received 147 notices about the 3 emails I sent you before the final notice. 147 notices in my inbox is very annoying.

This problem is yours to solve, not mine.
Dennis Tillman W7pF

-----Original Message-----
From: postmaster@ridesoft.com [mailto:postmaster@ridesoft.com]
Subject: Delivery failure (colingherbert@blueyonder.co.uk)

Your message has encountered delivery problems to the following recipient(s):
colingherbert@blueyonder.co.uk
(Was addressed to colingherbert@blueyonder.co.uk) Delivery failed after 49 attempts within 3 days 0 hours and 36 minutes Remote host has closed the connection

Failed to deliver to domain blueyonder.co.uk AFTER 49 TRIES!!!!!. (The capital letters are mine)

From: TekScopes@groups.io [mailto:TekScopes@groups.io] On Behalf Of Colin Herbert via groups.io
Sent: Saturday, November 07, 2020 10:13 AM
To: TekScopes@groups.io
Subject: [TekScopes] Dennis Tillman

Colin.

--
Dennis Tillman W7pF
TekScopes Moderator

Michael W. Lynch

I think Dennis mentioned that he was working on a project. So he may be deep in thought.

Michael Lynch

From My I-Phone

mlynch003@yahoo.com

479-477-1115

On Nov 7, 2020, at 12:53 PM, Dennis Tillman W7pF <dennis@ridesoft.com> wrote:

´╗┐Colin,
You simply REFUSE to believe what I have tried to tell you - It is virtually impossible to get email through to your domain. I am not alone. OTHERS have told me the same thing. This has been happening for the past several months at least.
In the past week I have sent you three emails. In every case the email has failed to reach you. My ISP tries to send my email to your domain almost 50 times over a 3 day period before giving up.
This is why I told you to get a free Gmail account (or Microsoft, or Yahoo, etc) if you want to continue. Until you fix this I can't help you any further if I can't reach you via email.
I don't have the time to spend fixing your email problem but I did a little investigating and your domain is on several SPAM blacklists. My email relay server (and many others as well) check the domain an email is going to and if they find that destination domain is on a SPAM blacklist they refuse to forward the email. That is probably what is happening so until your ISP cleans that up most email servers will have nothing to do with your domain.
I'm notified every time my email to you is blocked. I sent you 3 emails as I said. I received 48 notices that it didn't get to you for one reason or another before I get a final notice like this one below. That means I have received 147 notices about the 3 emails I sent you before the final notice. 147 notices in my inbox is very annoying.

This problem is yours to solve, not mine.
Dennis Tillman W7pF

From: postmaster@ridesoft.com [mailto:postmaster@ridesoft.com]
Subject: Delivery failure (colingherbert@blueyonder.co.uk)

Your message has encountered delivery problems to the following recipient(s):
colingherbert@blueyonder.co.uk
(Was addressed to colingherbert@blueyonder.co.uk) Delivery failed after 49 attempts within 3 days 0 hours and 36 minutes Remote host has closed the connection

Failed to deliver to domain blueyonder.co.uk AFTER 49 TRIES!!!!!. (The capital letters are mine)

From: TekScopes@groups.io [mailto:TekScopes@groups.io] On Behalf Of Colin Herbert via groups.io
Sent: Saturday, November 07, 2020 10:13 AM
Subject: [TekScopes] Dennis Tillman

Colin.

--
Dennis Tillman W7pF
TekScopes Moderator

--
Michael Lynch
Dardanelle, AR

Jean-Paul

Dear Dennis! Fine to see your note, I have exactly the same issue with certain (non-TEK/iogroup) contacts.

A few notes of my experience:

Worst email domains are Yahoo and Free.fr,: The correspondent can send to me but ever reply is rejected with multiple notices sent periodically as you mention.
The correspondent never has any clew what to do and even if you try to whitelist its never effective.
I believe that the offending email servers have a hardware antispam filter with blacklists updated dynamically.
The issue can be either your IP address or that of your email server is on the BL, OR that your email server domain is on the BL.

For years I tried to fix this both in France and USA, to no avail!

Bon soiree,

Jon

Colin Herbert

Hi,
If this problem with my email server is irritating anyone else, I apologise profusely. I receive emails from many people with no problem, but this is puzzling me completely. Apart from contact from Tekscopes, I also get plenty of other email, so I cannot understand why Dennis (and others) cannot get through to me.

May I thank those of you who have emailed me at my personal address - Siggi and Carsten got through fine. I have also had messages from Susan at Sphere, so what is going wrong?

My knowledge of email systems is rudimentary at best, so I am at a loss as to what might be the cause. Please bear with me.
TIA, Colin.

From: TekScopes@groups.io [mailto:TekScopes@groups.io] On Behalf Of Michael W. Lynch via groups.io
Sent: 07 November 2020 23:24
Subject: Re: [TekScopes] Dennis Tillman

I think Dennis mentioned that he was working on a project. So he may be deep in thought.

Michael Lynch

From My I-Phone

mlynch003@yahoo.com

479-477-1115

Vince Vielhaber

Blueyonder is in many spam databases PLUS blueyonder doesn't accept mail from every domain and they don't provide their criteria for what they accept and don't accept. To make things worse, when they refuse mail from a domain they don't do it correctly and treat it as a temporary failure, one that should be a permanent failure, so the sending host has to keep trying over and over until it finally gives up.

I host a number of mailing lists and I've been round and round with them. Now I just tell people that blueyonder isn't welcome here and the list software rejects them outright.

Vince.

On 11/08/2020 05:48 AM, Colin Herbert via groups.io wrote:
Hi,
If this problem with my email server is irritating anyone else, I apologise profusely. I receive emails from many people with no problem, but this is puzzling me completely. Apart from contact from Tekscopes, I also get plenty of other email, so I cannot understand why Dennis (and others) cannot get through to me.

May I thank those of you who have emailed me at my personal address - Siggi and Carsten got through fine. I have also had messages from Susan at Sphere, so what is going wrong?

My knowledge of email systems is rudimentary at best, so I am at a loss as to what might be the cause. Please bear with me.
TIA, Colin.

From: TekScopes@groups.io [mailto:TekScopes@groups.io] On Behalf Of Michael W. Lynch via groups.io
Sent: 07 November 2020 23:24
Subject: Re: [TekScopes] Dennis Tillman

Michael Lynch

From My I-Phone
mlynch003@yahoo.com

479-477-1115