Topics

DEC PDP11/05 on a 202D cart - did one survive?

Holger Lübben

Hi!

I've added an old picture of a Tektronix DPO/DEC PDP 11/05 combination on a 202D cart to the photo section:

https://groups.io/g/TekScopes/photo/252847/0

Has one of these machines survived?
I'm looking for some detailed pictures of this combination.

Holger

Tim Phillips

From Tim P (UK)
I don't know if you have seen the P7001 section on TekWiki - it's under
7000 series, as it uses the 7704A.
Lots of pictures of the 'guts' of the P7001 and some stuff on the
interfacing.
I would be interested in how many were sold, and who bought them. (Chuck,
do you know??).
Tim

On Sun, 30 Aug 2020 at 16:17, Holger Lübben <tekscopesinput@...>
wrote:

Hi!

I've added an old picture of a Tektronix DPO/DEC PDP 11/05 combination on
a 202D cart to the photo section:

https://groups.io/g/TekScopes/photo/252847/0

Has one of these machines survived?
I'm looking for some detailed pictures of this combination.

Holger

Holger Lübben

Hi Tim!
Thanks for your response.

I think my question wasn't straightforward - I'm looking for pictures from this special cart combinded with the DEC minicomputer.

Holger

Egge Siert

Hi Tim,

I have a P7001 Manual with dated MCI (06-17-80) for SN B100773 and above. Thus it seems thousands are sold.

Greetings,

Egge Siert

Dave Seiter

But don't the Tek part numbers sequences typically start at x100001?  To me, that means 772 were sold before the update, and I doubt they sold many P7001s after 1980; they were getting fairly old at that point.
-Dave

On Friday, September 4, 2020, 01:12:30 PM PDT, Egge Siert <eggeja2@...> wrote:

Hi Tim,

I have a P7001 Manual with dated MCI (06-17-80) for SN B100773 and above. Thus it seems thousands are sold.

Greetings,

Egge Siert

Egge Siert

Hi Dave,

You mean x010101 (the first of the production). I also have P7001 Manuals referring to B07xxxx and B09xxxx SN's.

Greetings,

Egge Siert

Dave Seiter

Egge,
You're correct, of course; I wonder why so few of them are left?  I have the only one I've ever seen locally (core memory).
-Dave

On Saturday, September 5, 2020, 12:29:45 AM PDT, Egge Siert <eggeja2@...> wrote:

Hi Dave,

You mean x010101 (the first of the production). I also have P7001 Manuals referring to B07xxxx and B09xxxx SN's.

Greetings,

Egge Siert

Holger Lübben

HI!

The P7001 digitizer is relatively rare, thats true. But I'm wondering more about the always missing minicomputers. I think 90% of the overall functionality of the DPO system sits in the computer - but nobody seems to have one...

Holger

David Kuhn

Is this the one that had an onion skin thermal printer and when you printed
the screen, a horizontal line when from top to bottom like it was scanning
the inside of the CRT? At Aerotech labs in the early 70's, one was used
to create Ultrasonic transducer certifications. The Scope Main Frame had a
spectrum analyzer module in it. The output on the Green Screen was set up,
I think, to look like a complete cert. There was options to have text and
calculations on that screen and the screen shot of the spectrum analyzer.